Plate Tanks need Avoidance Love

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Grouchey, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Grouchey New Member

I run a 4200R Zerker with over 33Kish mit. No matter what I do, my avoidance is 11,400ish. Casting the avoidance buff on someone will take it to 14Kish. With this said, a monk (geared very similarly) with same Mit has 35k avoidance.

Plate tanks need some Avoidance loving in the conversions to bring us on par with leather tanks. Why would a leather tank easily have 3x the avoidance with the same mitigation?
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

Plate tanks are supposed to have more mit/block and leather tanks should have more avoidance. Brawlers are avoidance-based tanks, plate tanks are more take-the-hit type.
    Sigrdrifa, Obano and Dude like this.
  3. Grouchey New Member

Totally agree but we don't. I have 201% block while the main tank Monk has less resolve with 189% block. 11 percent is not enough difference after Strikethrough conversions. Monks are a win/win in the stat department when tanking.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

Mit block doesn’t work. Hasn’t in a while.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Nazy Well-Known Member

In the grand order of things, does it go avoidance > block > mit in the order that each is "used"?
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

Umm, why create another thread about a very similar topic when there is an active thread about it at the moment?
    Obano, Nazy and Revanu like this.
  7. Nazy Well-Known Member

There's... Another version of this?
    The Mit vs Block thread is differentish from this, but yes, there is a very similar active thread.
  8. Obano Well-Known Member

If you think leather tanks have it so easy you should try playing a bruiser some time. You will quickly find out the grass ain't any greener on the other side of the fence. In reality it is the other way around. Your class doesn't need help. Your class is already monstrously OP this expansion. Use the tools you already have.
  9. Arclite Well-Known Member

you are looking at this the wrong way. Brawlers will always have more avoidance. Their avoidance is different to how warrior's avoidance works and warriors do not need more avoidance. Please refer to the other thread on mit vs block to get a better understanding of how things are.
    Obano likes this.
  10. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Can't speak to today's tanks as I have a couple, but don't actively play them in this xpac. I can tell you that brawlers have always had high avoidance for an obvious reason--they're wearing leather armor, so avoidance is imperative. The knock was life was great until you missed the avoidance check as a brawler, because leather armor just didn't take it like plate did.

From reading these threads for tanks, it does sound like some things need to be reviewed. Our tank pally is constantly getting one-shotted in Sol Eye Raid--especially with the last few bosses. It's an interesting mechanic.
    Breanna likes this.