Planning the Housing Scavenger Hunt 2014

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Jazabelle, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Back in February 2011, before the Housing Leaderboards existed, I ran a “Housing Scavenger Hunt” (HSH). For the most part, it was simply an excuse for people to tour homes while following a player run quest by answering riddles.

In a few months, the HSH will be happening again. I've learned a lot from the prior event, and this time, there will be some differences. Homes and Tomes will be hosting this event.

However, for this event to be successful, we will need people to submit their homes. Because Homes and Tomes is on Antonia Bayle, the HSH will take place on Antonia Bayle. But that doesn't stop other servers from participating!

If you are ON Antonia Bayle and you would like to:

• Help people from other servers replicate their homes on AB, please post in this thread.
    • Submit a home for the scavenger hunt, please post in this thread. Do not post the character name nor the home address. After posting in this thread, please PM Jazabelle with the name of the character who owns the home and the address of the home, as well as where in the home you would like the clue to be. If you don’t know yet, that’s fine!
    • Donate prizes, post here, along with what sorts of prizes you have available for donation.
    • Participate in competing in the scavenger hunt--hang tight! It won’t be happening for a few months. This is all planning right now.

If you are NOT on Antonia Bayle and you would like to:

• Submit a home for the scavenger hunt, please post here. We will get you in contact with someone who can help you fulfill your manifest of items for you home.
    • Participate in competing in the scavenger hunt--hang tight! It won’t be happening for a few months. This is all planning right now. However, if you want to make a character on AB early, feel free. You’ll need one in order to do the HSH.

If you’re interested in seeing what the prior Housing Scavenger Hunt was like, please click here.

FAQ

Please click here for the FAQ (which will be updated periodically with questions asked and answered!)

If you'd like to tell others about this event, just send them to http://bit.ly/HSH2014 (this thread).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I remember doing this on an alt in previous years! It was a fantastic event. I can submit one of my characters' homes and donate prizes.

I have um.... 24 warehouses full of furniture: quested, event, and other. Chances are that, if you can name it (and it's tradeable), I probably have it.
  3. grlnxtdr Active Member

I'd like to Submit one of my Homes from Guk, I Haven't Decided which one yet, hoping to finish one of my Current Projects before then. I'll contact you as soon as I decide which home....
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

I will submit one of my homes for the event and can help duplicate furniture for folks participating from other servers.
  5. Basel Noire Active Member

I will submit a home for the event.

Underground Decorating Society will donate:

- a station cash prize, or mix of prizes, up to 2,500
    - a full set of food items from the Vigilant
    - a Valorian Bloom
    - a set of the Crystal Eggs from Hero's Festival (Burnished, Frozen, and Verdant)
    - 2 wooden table setting sets of four (total 8)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and grlnxtdr like this.
  6. Morg Well-Known Member

I will submit a home, I might have prizes like the notd green/black mist thingy, spider plushie, or extra's running around I don't even remember right now!
  7. msgnomer Active Member

I can donate a home for use (I have several you can pick one from). I want to take part in the hunt too, as I had so much fun that last time! Not sure on prizes - still stuck at 92 carpenter and not sure how much I have that's special.
  8. Goldinrae Active Member

I'd be happy to submit a home design :) I'm on Oasis so can't help with items to donate for prizes . . . unless, can you gift a SC item cross-server?

Or now that my brain has kicked in, I could use an alt :)
  9. Lillaanya New Member

I would like to submit a home, and I will dig in my bags and see what I have to donate for a prize. I'm sure I have something!
  10. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

OH!! I had a home in this the last time and would love to offer another for this year.
    Now, which one...?
  11. Meeathikimi Member

I would like to have a home/village in the HSH. I should have the house ready to transfer after the 1st week of April. Need to do the grotto next month and hit up the Qeynos City Festival for the 10 doors I need. I shouldn't have more then 25 items that require semi expensive rare mats. I have a lvl 85 character on AB. I'll do some quests and maybe sell a bit on the broker and raise the plat to reimburse the crafter for the cost of the rare mats. Everything else is being created with common mats and low lvl rare mats. I do need a notebook made so I can write up a background on my home. So someone please let me know what they cost on AB. I will also donate 2000 SC as a prize and maybe some plat if I have any left over after finishing my home. It will be a very large build, probably right at the 1200 building block limit and 500+ on the furnishing. I will help out all I can. My character on AB is only a few days old and only a lvl 12 carpenter. You can hit my up on the Home Show chat if you have any questions.

Thanks
    Ug
  12. Misstake Well-Known Member

I have a house on Oasis that would be easily replicated on AB, if you need. Just let me know =D And thanx for doing all these fun events.
  13. Cerinthe New Member

Ooh I really want to do this! I had a little place in last year and I'd like to do a slightly larger one this time. Or I have an extra character slot and a couple of houses on other servers that would be fun to copy too.

Cerinthe on Oasis
    Demi on AB
    Various others in various other places

afterthought....I have most of the claimed objects available for prizes if I make another Character there.
  14. Gylfie Member

I would be willing to submit a house for the scavenger hunt.
  15. Gylfie Member

Question: can we use a different character of ours to find some clues? ex. Main is a good character, you need to go to an evil place to find the next clue.
  16. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

Yes you may! You may use whatever means necessary (short of having someone else do it for you) to get the clues you need. Make a new character, figure out which house it is on the leaderboards, sneak through the sewers... it all works!
  17. msgnomer Active Member

I thought it was extra fun trying to sneak in with the character doing the scavenger hunt - in my case I was good sneaking into Freeport. I recently snuck into Freeport since the Freeport revamp and I thought it seemed harder to find a way in via the sewers. I think many of the old points were deactivated (maybe not intentionally, but a byproduct of the redesign perhaps). But using a single character was the slow way to do the hunt, for sure.

Wow, still can't believe the first one was so long ago....
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome, considering I have both Good and Evil characters on AB! Unfortunately, they're all pretty young and don't have any of their places as nicely done up as they should be yet, and I'm not sure how to do prizes... :-/

But they can be good (or bad ;->) li'l clue fetchers! ;->

Uwk
    Glenorian likes this.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

I'd like to volunteer my guildhall for this.
  20. Jazabelle Well-Known Member

As stated in the FAQ (click to read!), guild halls will be added to the hunt only if we don't receive 60 home submissions (or if I decide to go completely insane and do a guild hall version of the tour. Hmmm. Maybe I should add that to the FAQ...)