Planeswalker vs Reaper pet

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Dinger, Mar 3, 2017.

1. Dinger Member

Either one is doing way more damage than planned or the other isn't doing enough...
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I think they are both doing well, but I have definitely seen harder hits coming from the planeswalkers that I have grouped with. However, I looked at the number of hits, and it seems like the reaper hits more frequently and the planeswalker hits harder. Seems very similar to how conj tends to hit harder but with fewer DoT than the necro. Conj dumbfires also seem to hit a lot harder than the necro dumbfires.

Again, this is just from me looking at a few people, specifically a conj that I often group and raid with. Conj overall seems to have a parse advantage over the necro, so if you meant the reaper pet was doing better, then perhaps it put the 2 more in line with each other.

All I know for sure is that both pets are awesome and a similar geared conj will usually out damage a necro in my experience.
  3. Dinger Member

It's been mentioned on Discord.. but if look at damage output on ACT it's pretty glaring.
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

Has anyone done a controlled test? Necro and Conj, on a dummy, with both pets at Ancient, and the players having as close to same stats as you can get. Don't press any button besides pet attack, and let it run for 5-10 minutes.
    Xerikton likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I'd bet on Conjur :)
    captainbeatty451 likes this.
  6. Xerikton Active Member

this is the only way to find the truth.
  7. Thand Well-Known Member

plainswalkers are agro generating machines. I ended up having to switch back to my GM Air pet last raid which does way more dps than the apprentice planeswalker.
  8. Arieva Well-Known Member

There are a lot of different things that could be effecting it..AA's..stats including dps mod. Single target buffs that can and do get cast on the pet.
  9. Thand Well-Known Member

also what class are the epic pets considered for buffs i know for team work etc they get all the buffs my problem is stuff like Minions Intent -20% hate is not fighter if a qualifying pet. Does plains walker count as a qualifying pet?
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

Being that you can only change the appearance of the pet to previous scout pet models..I take it to be a scout
  11. Zelox Active Member

the regular conj scout does a little more dps than the regular necro scout pet (at least it used to) so im assuming that that the abilities the epic pets use are the same just dmg scaled up with different names... could be wrong though
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

You will never find 2 players which are realy identical ;)

Some spells of a conjurer count to planewalker, but they are casted and timed by the conjurer himself - like elemental blast.
    Buffs - like planeshift - and AA-ablilities - like blazing conjunction - also have big influance in the planeswalker dps.
  13. Dyche New Member

Overall as a class the Necro comes out on top, It's swings and roundabouts most of the time and like Beee said there are so many variables etc its difficult to compare
  14. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

This has not at ALL been my experience. Necro is more fun for me because of how the class works. However if we're talking about parse, the conj seems to hit harder even when slightly less well geared. The only time I was able to beat our conjuror is when I had my epic and he did not. As soon as he got his epic, he was back on top. And now that his pet is leveled up a bit, it's sometimes a significant difference depending on variables. Anyway, not complaining. It doesn't bother me if one is slightly parsier, since they are both in a really good spot. I just disagree that necro comes out on top, because I have seen that conj spells overall tend to hit harder.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  15. Arieva Well-Known Member

I wish i could solo like a necro...would make completing the meta collection a whole lot easier!
  16. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Bruisers make it even easier ... they good soloers? :)
  17. Entropy Well-Known Member

So, anyone done this yet? Equalize all player stats and do a pet-only dummy test. Interested to see results.