Planes of Prophecy Recipes: Carpenter

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by Caith, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Essentials (not Advanced) Carp recipes are in.

Combines yield 5 on completion of the 4th progress bar, and they stack!

Now for the start of the feedback:

There are several "thronvine" items. Should those be "thornvine"? The only one spelled "thornvine" is the one that is, well "thornvine" with no adjectives.

Pluralization is a bit odd at times
    • 5 [Detailed Pedestal of Roes]
    • 5 [Aether Ghostreedses]
    • 5 [Group of Decayed Urnses]
    • 5 [Clump of Manastalkses]
    • 5 [Clump of Stormstalkses]
    • 5 [Fang of Roes]
    • 5 [Cluster of Storm Stalkses]
    • 5 [Storm Stalkses]
    • 5 [Fragment of Aetherstones]
    • 5 [Aether Sproutses]
    • 5 [Decayed Sarcophaguses]
    • 5 [Symbol of Vahlas]
    • 5 [Cluster of Manastalkses]
    • 5 [Aether Ghostcatches]
    • 5 [Pedestal of Roes]
    I'm off to place them all before I finally sleep. :D
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• "Innovative Buzzkill" - default placement is halfway sunken into the ground
    • Is the "Innovative Aperture" supposed to be a functional door?
    • "Decayed Sconce" has the flame offset from the sconce. Also, it is ground-placed, which would be a brazier. If it is a sconce, it should be wall-placed
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

"Concordat Stone" - should that be "Concordant" ?

"Shard of Aetherstone" - default placement is partially sunken into the ground.
    :"Fragment of Aetherstone" - default placement is partially sunken into the ground
  4. Caith Developer

• Essentials (not Advanced) Carp recipes are in.
      • Yes they are! *quietly submits the files he forgot to check in...*
    • "Decayed Sconce" has the flame offset from the sconce. Also, it is ground-placed, which would be a brazier. If it is a sconce, it should be wall-placed
      • Looks like Art has the fix for the offset flame in already, should be fixed soonish.
    • Is the "Innovative Aperture" supposed to be a functional door?
      • Once I figure out how to make it one, hopefully. Until then, nope :confused: .
  5. Anatha Active Member

Thank you, Caith! The carpenters out there appreciate your hard work!
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Just wonderful - I'm so thrilled with these recipes - I literally can't wait to see the MC selection but am overwhelmed with what I'm seeing so far /swoon!
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Sounds like Ratonga accent... hmmmm
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Mastercrafted Carpenter recipes/items:

• All new mastercrafted furniture has only the "treasured" label and 200 rent status reduction. Both need to be fixed.
    • Floating Remnant of Aetherstone, Floating Shard of Aetherstone, Floating Concordant Stone, Floating Fragment of Aetherstone, Floating Testament Stone, Floating Covenant Stone - all "float" with a default placement points that cause them to be half buried in the ground
    • "Ribcage of the Wyvern" places with the very bottom of it sunken into the ground. I sort of think it looks better like that, so I'm torn between calling this an art issue and suggesting it stay as-is! And whee, that thing is big enough to have swallowed a couple dozen snot elves at the same time when it was alive!
    • "Innovative Wall Furnace" sinks too far into the wall, cutting off the back 1/4 or so of the item.
    • "The Eternal Furnace" has no collision. You can walk right through it.
    • "Bastian of Thunder: Stone Dais" - replace "Bastian" with "Bastion" It might also look better without the colon in there :D
    • Recipe name is "Floating Concordat Stone", and the item name is "Floating Concordant Stone". The item name is the correct one, unless it is some creative Norrathian nomenclature.
    • All pluralization looks off at this time of the night/morning, with it simply throwing an S or an ES on the last word, when sometimes it should be elsewhere. I'm not coherent enough to work on a list, and hopefully someone with a bit less pain brain can work on a list, but an example would be "5 [Diseased Skull of the Wyverns]. It'd sound better if it was "5 [Diseased Skulls of the Wyvern]", I'd think. But this is really nit-picky, and is likely to go wayyyyyy down the priority list for cleaning up.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I've seen advanced books dropping, but not the advanced carpenter ones. That may be just bad odds, or they may have been left off the loot table due to being empty. It might be something to double-check in your nonexistant free time.;)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Should it be a "Sphynx Platform" or a "Sphinx Platform"? :D

The second is the spelling I learned long ago and far away, and I can't remember if EQ2 gets creative with it or not.
  11. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Is it intentional that the "Innovative Fan" be a floor-placed item? It would seem more logical to have it on ceiling, or possibly the wall.
  12. Shmogre Well-Known Member

If it helps, I've seen Advanced Carpenter 103 and two 105s drop (can't remember from where, though, sorry :oops: ).
  13. Cheesenabber Active Member

I don't remember from where either, but I HAVE seen a adv carpenter book drop, it was just empty at the time. I didn't keep it because inv space, and I'm a WW/hoarder of quest rewards
  14. Kuulei Well-Known Member

[BUG] Crafting the current rush order writs for Carpenter, I noticed each combine takes 10 Celestial Sandpaper at a cost of 30 gp X 3 combines for a total of 90 gp. Completing 3 combines rewards 45 gp, only getting half of the fuel costs back.
    Since there are two items to be made the total loss is 90 gp.
    Turning in the writ only rewards 20 gp which is fine, if the combines reward fuel costs back, but presently they do NOT.
  15. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Just wanted to double-check if it's really intended for those items to be made by stack of 5. It's nice (especially for flora) but it's kinda weird and I foresee fulled-to-the-rafters storage houses.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I am not sure when the art lockdown is/was happening, so these may stay as-is, but adding to my earlier post about the lack of collision on The Eternal Furnace:

Innovative Fan has no collision
    Innovative Buzzkill has no collision
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Also, "Cremator" is not solid from the bottom.
  18. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I know "soonish" can vary a lot, and there's still plenty of time to get this fixed. I'm just trying to track what's askew with the carp stuff as I am re-eyballing things.

• Decayed Lamp (formerly Decayed Sconce) still has the flame offset
    • All the stuff that was half-sunken in the ground (or wall) as default placement still is half-sunken in the ground/wall as default placement.
    • "Bastian" of Thunder: Stone Dais is still typoed
    • Handcrafted and mastercrafted carp items are still displaying as treasured with 200 rent status reduction. They're also missing the tag that displays who made them.
    • Vendor buyback prices are the same for both the handcrafted and mastercrafted, despite the MC taking twice the fuel. (Possibly because of that treasured label?)
    • I'm not even going to try recrafting everything to check all the pluralization stuff right now. :D
  19. Caith Developer

Recaps are always appreciated!
    The flame offest is fixed in art, but not sure if that art has been pushed to beta. I'll check on that, because we should be pushing art every day.
    It's short for Sebastian of Thunder. Karana's kid brother.... No? Ok, fixed now.
    There are still some possible changes with what recipes go where, so until then this won't be changed.
  20. Shmogre Well-Known Member

We need lore for this now. Maybe work Sebastian into the tradeskill timeline... ;)