Plane of Magic Rares

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Krastis, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Krastis Member

Are the harvesting rares broke in the plane of magic, usually when you get 10 harvests you get a rare. When you see bountiful and its not makes you wonder if its broke. On a side note I dont think adventurers are dieing as much as crafters in the new TS quest line unless of course you.......RAID!!!
    Mellody likes this.
  2. Vencido Member

The rares are fine for me.. your harvesting skills are probably too low, examine the node. And adventurers might be more practiced when it comes to avoiding trash mobs, they still kill us in 2-3 hits.
  3. Krastis Member

My harvesting skills are maxed out for a lvl 100 so that is not it.
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

"Bountiful" just means you got an extra-pull - it might be a rare but most of the time it's just commons.

Max skill at lvl 100 (assuming it isn't a typo) isn't enough to get rare in PoP without Harvesting bonus. You need 550+ for that (yeah, I know, when examining nodes it says 600 but that's a display bug, you start to get rare at 550+ modified harvest skills)
    Pixistik likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

This examine text has been wrong (and reported) since beta. I can confirm that it was STILL wrong as recently as testing for the TS timeline. I was getting rares on a toon that had zero harvesting gear and had less then 500 harvesting skill.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

Strange as it doesn't fit with my own datas.
    You say your toon has 0 Harvest gears (so no Solstice earring, Harvest cloak, tinkered items etc.) but what about "Experienced Reaping" (TS prestige) or/and a mount like Far Sea Pegasus/KA TS mount ?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The toon I used on Test, yes.
    Tradeskill level was 60 (adventure 50), boosted to lvl 100. Originally harvesting skills were not boosted. Since harvesting was needed to get mats to do the line, I went out harvesting with her. She was getting occasional rares while she was still skilling up. She probably did have the TS AA Trim Reaver, but that reads 'increases rare harvest chance by 1%'. 1% of 0 = 0 so that shouldn't make a difference if she didn't have any chance.
  8. Krastis Member

Thank you Ragna that is my problem I am sitting at 525 thanks again. DOHHHHH!!!
    Pixistik likes this.
  9. Zorash Member

The experience I have had with one of my toons was if his skill was below 550, he could pull a rare, but if he pulled 10 of an item, the automatic rare would never happen.
  10. Monkybones Member

To start getting rares in PoM you need to be at least 600 in harvesting, maybe a little less. If I remember correctly, at level 110 your base harvesting skill maximum is 550. So no rares, or VERY few. You have to get gear. My mount gives me +80 harvesting. I have a ring +25, and cloak +25, and a bunch of +5's and +10's. My primary harvester is 783 and I get a rare almost every node. Sometimes 2 per node. I'm level 110 and have almost all the harvesting gear, so it took a bit of work to get there. But it's worth it. At the top of this forum is a post with all the gear you'll ever need for both Harvesting and Crafting and how to get them. Well worth the effort. Fun too.

Good luck.
  11. Nerkoon Member

I call that one wild exaggeration. I have same harvesting skill, 12% extra rare chance and 76% double harvest and I am getting far less rares than you claim to get.
  12. Gregore Active Member

You have to put work into your harvesting toon, just like you do adventure and crafting toons. You need to focus on one super harvester, preferably a class with a quick recast feign death. Then you need to start working on getting all of the various harvesting tools for that toon. Look up Gerkin on HOF server, and look at his harvesting gear set. I have every single harvesting advantage that I'm aware of on that toon, and he's a harvesting stud. Also be sure you put AA into harvesting stuff, have a harvesting mount and familiar on, and use a bountiful harvest pot and harvester's balm pot. If you do all of that, you to can get to 16% rare harvest chance, 89% bountiful harvest, and 848 mining skill like Gerkin. I can harvest over 100 POP rares an hour on him. Rares flow like water when you've put the work into your toon. I've gotten as many as four rares from a single node on Gerkin! Pro tip of the day is increase the levels of your harvesting familiar. Each extra level you get it gives you another 1% rare harvest chance and ups your harvesting skills. Gerkin's beta reward harvesting familiar is at level three, and I desparately want to get it to level five, which would give me 18% rare harvest chance and probably put me close to 900 mining.
  13. Lysia Active Member

from going out and doing the "get 40 raws" for the loyalty daily ---
    no special gear -- just my normal adventurer stuff ---
    went out to get the 40 raws --- and got one rare ( rubicite)
    nice since I am a 550/550 and with no harvesting bonus on -- no I didn't stay out long,
    but apparently 550/550 will get you rares too
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

Which rares were you getting? Even with zero harvesting skill you can get non-standard rares since that uses a different check than a regular harvest. If you are getting the standard "rare" harvests then its a bug. If you are getting one of the half dozen ultra rares...working as implemented.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've gotten standard rares.. ie I'm not talking about spellshards or foundations.
  16. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Each successful harvest should give:
    • 2, 7, 10, or 13 common resources
    • 1 rare resource
    • 10 common resources and 1 rare resource
    Harvesting works just fine. I usually harvest in the Pakiat Bluffs and the Metetherial Plains, since the aggro stuff there is easily dodged. If I'm not just harvesting as I quest, I put on everything I own that boosts harvesting (Cloak of the Harvester, Earring of the Solstice, Gi of the Ashen Artisan, Reinforced Dwarven Work Boots, my best harvesting mount, etc). If I am harvesting while I quest, I just use the cloak, earring, and gi. I'm getting plenty of rares.

I recommend using Advanced Combat Tracker with the Harvesting plug-in, it really helps you see clearly what you're getting and the percentages.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. CodeSculptor New Member

I was just checking my equipment, and trying (hard) to emulate the above suggestions..
    but noticed something strange.. Dwarven Work Boots don't ALWAYS seem to have +20 Harvesting Skill.

Anyone else noticed that?

Perhaps my boots are different.. Mine don't say light or reinforced. It's just Dwarven Work Boots.
    You can probably see it on eq2wire my character is Vyndahlu and he's on Maj'Dul. Is there a DIFFERENT version of the DWB? I see Gerkin's boots look right.

Everything else is going well:
    Pack Pegasus (+80),
    Uri's Blessed Fishing Pole (+50),
    Cloak Harvester (+25), Earring Solstice (+25), Overclocked Automated Combine Harvester (+13), (and net, and such like Compact Sumac)Gi Ashen (+10), Mark of Far Seas (+10),
    The prayer shawl doesn't affect harvesting, nor does Hand of the Maker. Seeking Tradesman's artifacts next.
  18. semisus Does not play this game

Prayer shawl helps harvesting! While it doesnt have harvesting skills it has bountiful harvest
    All that bountiful harvest chance makes your chances of rolling 2 times on a node alot higher and that helps you get rares!

You can get 100% bountiful harvest chance with new adorns but theres no way of reaching that without prayer shawl
    Xianthia and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Gregore Active Member

Up to 100% bountiful harvest, 933 mining skill, and 16% rare harvest chance on gerkin now! Looking forward to claiming all those new familiar level up potions from the premium edition, once the XPAC goes live! They should boost him up to about 950+ mining skill and 20% rare harvest chance! I'm already counting my plats from all the mats I'll be harvesting & selling! Broke as a joke ATM too, so some much needed plats will be welcomed. Oh Yeah!
  20. Gregore Active Member

Spent eight hours trying to find an Essence of Magic node to harvest to see if my 100% bountiful harvest would work on that as well, but gave up after eight fruitless hours of searching.