Plane of Innovation: Masks of the Marvelous (Solo) My Wizard's getting slaughtered

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Heresford, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Heresford Active Member

I'm working on Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach. I got through the entire Legacy of Power quest line with my Paladin. I can't seem to get out of the box with my Wizard. The social gearclaw groups are wiping her every time.

She's already level 110 and I've already completed Magic Quester with her. I have her in all Mastercrafted gear with all the white adornment slots filled (level 100 until I can afford Planar adornments.) All her spells are Expert level and she's a level 15 Etherealist (I only have 1 ascension line on her right now.)

I've been running Claz'zakla and I have him in handcrafted level 105 chain with a couple legendary pieces and mostly level 105 accolades.

I'm buffing with Fount of Power and I see my Potency going over 133K. My health is completely unchanged, but my health was also completely unchanged with my Paladin.

Is something going wrong with Fount of Power or is it really supposed to be this hard to spec out a toon for this zone? Am I going to have to switch out for a tank merc and wait for the next month or so to train it up to the point where I can try this again?
    Kittybock likes this.
  2. Ragna Well-Known Member

My guess is you're missing some "defensive" AAs.
    Namely Enhanced Vigor (wiz prestige) which give +max health based on your potency/CB (btw this AA is why people get HP buff in solo/duo, fount buff give huge pot boost => HP boost) and Scaled Protection (Dragon AA) for a big regenerative ward.

Hope this help.
  3. moonwitch New Member

I've run into this same problem today with my wizard. Run the zone on my illy and there is a huge health boost on zone in, but the wizard health doesn't change.
  4. Rubick Well-Known Member

Click your Fount of Power buff.
  5. moonwitch New Member

I have clicked the buff :rolleyes: also tried camp to self, reload game, checking different solo zones. Currently only character with an issue is my wizard, others are fine.
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

See my post above, fount buff doesn't give you more HP unless you have Enhanced Vigor and then the 100K pot buff obviously gives you a few millions more HP.
  7. Heresford Active Member

Well, re-building AA trees from scratch is definitely no fun, but it worked. I saw my health go from the original 4 million without Fount of Power to 8 million without it, and it shot up to over 24 million once I applied it in the zone. Many thanks!

Enhanced Vigor I could add without having to rebuild the AA tree, but not Scaled Protection.

It's useful to remember that the new AA profile has to be committed, all buffs have to be recast, familiars have to be re-summoned, and the mounts have to be re-summoned. The only thing I didn't have to do was resume my merc. Whew!

It was worth it, though. Burning down the mobs was much faster than with my Paladin -- which was one of the reasons I wanted to get my Wizard through this timeline to begin with. So much for using the game provided AA templates.
  8. Kari Well-Known Member

They have added several AA and Prestige tabs and not updated the templates, so if you try to run with one of them you will have about 1/4 of your AA points unallocated.
  9. moonwitch New Member

Okay, I'm not trying to be difficult but I have some more questions.
    I have enchanted vigor on my Illy however I've never activated it (was lost in the hot bar mess) and the description gives no indication that it raises your HP. So I guess the question is, Why would this one buff matter when it comes to HP? And on and Wiz what kind of power problems am I looking at?
  10. maxximum Active Member

It's enhanced vigor, not enchanted. You'll find it in prestige, class, first column on left. It increases hp according to your CB, and more importantly potency which gets a huge increase in solos.
    moonwitch likes this.
  11. moonwitch New Member

Thank you maxximum, that clears it up for me. I was looking in the wrong place. :eek:
  12. Heresford Active Member

That's good to know, too. I did, by the way, have all of my points allocated. I must have noticed unused points at some faraway point in time and allocated them manually.