Planar Weapon Essences

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Creasote, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Creasote Well-Known Member

I don't have my mythical weapon, should I use the Planar Weapon Essences on my Epic 2.0 or wait to get the mythical to use them on the weapon?

Does it matter? Thx
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

If you anticipate getting your mythical soon, then wait. If your mythical isn't in sight, you might as well increase your epic since you've got it in hand.
  3. Creasote Well-Known Member

So you are saying that once you get your mythical, the essences you have used on your Epic 2.0 have been wasted? That is what I am trying to figure out for sure.

Does anyone know?
  4. semisus Well-Known Member

yes you get a new weapon ( mythical ) so anything used on the fabled version is a waste
  5. Sigrdrifa Well-Known Member

I amhoarding weapon essences for my upgrade. But I also weapon-imbued my ranged and secondary weapons.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The epic and mythical weapons are completely different weapons. So, yes, nothing spent upgrading the epic carries over to the mythical.
    That's why I gave the advice I did... if your mythical is not even on the horizon, it doesn't make sense NOT to upgrade your epic in case you eventually get your myth. It makes more sense to get the benefit on your mythical now.
    If you DO forsee getting your mythical 'soonish', waiting makese sense
  7. Hiza Active Member

While on the subject, what is the point of even having the ability of removing the essences if you going to destroy the weapon and only get 1 essence back? Who thought this was a good idea? The message reads pretty clear, destroy your weapon and get your essences back... As with anything else in the game, all of your essences back. If it is to be 1, then change the message to only 1 is returned.