Planar Punisher Triumph

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by randomplayer, May 28, 2020.

1. randomplayer Member

Greetings!

I did not play during Chaos Descending. I have finished the CD timeline and I would like to get the 55 fervor rune. My journal says there are two ways to get this. Which is easier? The Expert instances or the Heroic Instances? I have a friend who will do this with me as well.

It seems I can kill trash in the Expert but not really efficiently in the Heroic versions. Is this my clue?

What else should I be working on from CD? I hear people calling for the CD PQs sometimes. What does this get me?

Thanks for your help.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

The heroic instances are much easier than the expert instances. They shouldn't require a full group if you're wearing BoL gear, but a full group will still speed things up.

The CD PQs don't give anything valuable of themselves, but they are a required step of Celestial Doctrine. This quest asks you to complete the T1 weekly, T2 weekly, EH weekly, Air PQ, and Water PQ within one month (many groups can do this in a few hours now). Doing so grants a Celestial-rank spell of your choice (up to level 110). This is a good way to get Ascension upgrades, and it can be done every month. I wouldn't select any class spells as a reward, since they have all been replaced with 111-120 versions.

If possible, see if you can join a pick-up raid. You can get a 70 fervor rune (replaces the 55 fervor rune you're after) by defeating all of the T1 raids. There's also the Celestial Rune of Embers (CB, WDB, Fervor) for getting all of the flawless and shorthanded achievements in the Fire raid zone. Some guilds occasionally run these old raids for those two runes and invite others who need the updates.
  3. Tangris Well-Known Member

CD PQ's are part of the celestial doctrine, which I am hoping they do something similar for this xpac since the PQ's are deader than dead.
  4. randomplayer Member

Thanks for the responses.
  5. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I suspect they'll be implemented in the next xpac, with that being the 2nd stage of the tier (no level increase), it'll be a small but valid way to increase one's power. I wouldn't get my hopes up to see it in BoL.
    Tangris likes this.