Planar Mana

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Vulnere, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Vulnere Active Member

Hi

I'm new to adorning / transmuting.

I came across the planar adorning book, and realized that as part of the "poof" to 100 tradeskill,
    that I used on an old character, that I had 500 adorning skill too. So I maxed it out to 590 and
    starting making white adorns, by buying stuff off the broker, as I didn't have all the components
    that I needed.

Eventually, I got my transmuting maxed, and learned how to get planar fragments and infusions
    of the planes.. but "planar mana" has remained elusive.

It doesn't matter what my skill is, what I use, or how many times I try..

No planar mana. And the stuff sometimes sells for 1 million plat on my server, or isn't for sale at all.

What I've tried:

Maybe 30 fableds, 30 legendary, 30 MC, from level 101 to 110 purchased from the broker
    (several million plat) and transmuted with 590 skill and under the effects of that boosting
    potion too.

No planar mana.

I'm looking for some folks to report what items the they have been transmuting, at what skills level,
    and what the results were? please?

Thank you.
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

It's just really rare. I went through about 150 solo drops before I got one. Transmute till you have I guess
  3. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I've seen other posts speculating that a better than 600 skill in transmuting may be beneficial. If you are at 590, which is I believe max for level 110 with prestige AAs oriented towards transmuting, you might want to get the Far Seas Pack Pegasus, which adds an additional +80 to your Transmuting skill while mounted. (Other Far Seas mounts have lower skill bonuses, but are quicker to get.)

I took a glance at the EQ2U linked Vulnere character. It's a mini-grind, but you haven't done A Gathering Obsession; the final reward from that quest line, Cloak of the Harvester, gives an additional +25 Transmuting skill.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Vulnere Active Member

Thanks for the info.. i'm not actually a tradeskiller.. even though I have 4 maxed out tradeskills and maxed out adorning and tinkering. I've never done a TS quest....well I guess I did pudding once.. not sure why.

Can anyone report, that using this mount will make a big difference?
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Iirc Legendary & MC have 0% chance of producing Mana, so you'd never get any from those.

If it follows the old system, it was generally on transmuting;
    Fabled = 25% chance mana, 75% Infusion
    Legendary = 25% Infusion, 75% Powder
    Treasured = 25% Powder, 75% Fragment.

Having just transmuted a bunch of things from my bags (All fabled), I ended up with;

19 Mana
    61 Infusions

550/550 Transmuting skill.
    Mermut and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Vulnere Active Member

Well I knew that only fabled was supposed to produce mana's.. but since it WAS NOT working, I wanted
    to test the assumptions I was being given.

So about 20% of the time, you mana. I guess the RNG hates me, because I did
    30 fabled, from level 101 to 110 and only got planar infusions.

you did level 101 to 110 fableds?
  7. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Yep, all just heroic zone loot.
  8. Vulnere Active Member

Ever feel the universe at large is fracking with you?

I saw a level 108, heroic drop fabled for sale on the broker, for 25,000 plat.
    Fairly cheap. I transmuted it. First try today.
    what to guess what it gave me?

At least I have my answer now. It's pure RNG.
    Prissetta and Dude like this.
  9. Solzak Member

You've got that acronym wrong.. its the NWNRNG. (NoWhere Near Random Number Generator)
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I firmly believe that Bristlebane is in charge of the RNG. {sage nod}

There is now a path for solo players and non-adventurers to have a chance at fabled to transmute for mana. A slow path, mind you, but still a path.

Once you complete the new tradeskill signature line, you can do daily and weekly crafting missions. The weekly gem rewards can be turned in (along with plat) for a gem that can be used to buy a reward "crate" that "can" net you a fabled piece of gear. I turned in my first weekly last night on Test, did the gem conversion, and got some fabled plate boots. My SK has decided I can't transmute them, but I'll be working some of the horde through the missions to try for more pieces. :D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Yes the cloak and the mount do make a difference.