Planar Energy

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Surgeon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Surgeon Active Member

What expansion introduced "Planar Energy"?
    It's listed as level 96.
    So it should be at least AoM?
    But ascension stuff was introduced in KA.
    So... what's the minimum expansion I can harvest planar energy in?
  2. morderir Active Member

recipes that use them are from POP/CD expansion . you can harvest them ( very rare harvest) in plane of magic and chaos descending outdoor zones (after all ist planar.. :)).
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It's not that rare a harvest. I get lots more of them than I do the Matrons Heart. I just pick up the PoP harvesting quest and run it daily for a few days until I have a bunch when I am running low.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Surgeon Active Member

4 hours 0 energy, yes it's very rare.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

These are the ones you just get from ordinary harvest nodes, yes? If so, your harvesting RNG must hate you, because I tend to get 3 or so in an hour. If they are the ones that come from special nodes that look like parts of the aetherscar, yes, those are VERY rare. I get the two mixed up.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

I tend to get at least 1 while running the 3 daily CD harvesting quests. I haven't noticed a reduction (or increase) in how many I've gotten recently.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

It seems to vary greatly by character on my toons, by when and where I'm harvesting on any given day. I gave up trying to figure it out, haha.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They are the ones that can come from any regular harvest node. Its the Essence of Magic that has the special node.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

They the blue spiralish ones right? I get those all the time.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

they are not so rare with harvesting gear
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Prox Well-Known Member

My main harvesting alt , gets at least 3 a day and I only harvest for about an hour.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  12. Seefar Well-Known Member

'Special node'? Can you elaborate?
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Essence of Magic (not to be confused with the CD Essence of Chaos) has it's own, harvestable node in PoM. The node when you target it will come up as "essence of magic".
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  14. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The node does not show up on Harvestable Tracking, but you can tab target it. The node looks like a chunk of Aetherscar rock.
    Cyrrena, Prox and Breanna like this.
  15. Seefar Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!

Drat. I'm never going to find any then, since I don't use tab targetting :(
  16. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

If want to find Rars

increase your Rar Harvest chance by Crafter Gear from the several crafting sig lines
    AoM Far Seas Meddal increase Bonifull Harvest + Harvest Shawl from Great Devide Crafter sigline( City of Thurgadin Empire of Dwarfs) Earring From Proove of the Pudding.
    Use Far Seas Crafter Mount increases all Harvesting Skills , note if you get your Harvesting Stats a Tier over the Tier your harvesting, Chance of Rars will be higher.

Buy or Build the Mount Harvesting Saddle / Hackamore Elysian is best and one Pattern is Rewarded From the CD TS sig line.
    Use the Chest ( Familiar ) From PoP Crafter Sigline ( 5% Rar Harvest )
    Use Items which increase Bonifull Harvest
    Use Harvest Tracker can be Skilled in TS Prestige AAs first tree first button, will crate a Pic Axe Buff in your Abillity Window, not tab tab tab will make you crazy.
    And if want to see or harvest Essence of Magic need to increase you far seeing in Display options on very far and increase your Particle Effects on high during harvesting if possible.
    And you need to have a harvestskill in gathering beyond 600 to be able to see Essence of Magic node.

Essence of Magic was a Special Node in PoP overland PoM
    Essence of Chaos no Node only rar Reward from Guild Harvesting Quests in CD Addon
    Planar Energy level 96 but inmplemented in PoP level 110 Addon as Rar Loot from every harvest node in PoP oder CD.

Drop Rate of Chaos Essence is very RAR
    Drop Rate of Planar Engery is quiet rar but drops more often if having Rar Harvest Chance beyond 25% Rar Harvest
    I get 1 up to 3 a Day if doing harvest duty on my Toons
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I just finish harvesting or killing whatever I am killing at the moment and then do a quick 360 tab target and move on, you will notice it if you catch it while doing the 360, you will go what the heck and turn back to it.

I do this every time I move about 100m. Also when you have harvested PoP enough, you will notice the patterns of nodes, and you will notice when something is not where it should be, and the Essence of Magic will sometimes stand out like a sore thumb when it pops in certain places because you will say " a hunk of Aetherscar should not be there".
    Xianthia, Breanna and Prox like this.
  18. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Mild necro, but would just like to say I literally have never gotten one Planar Energy. I harvest in PoM daily, do the harvest quests, have every bit of harvesting boost gear there is, including the mount. I use bountiful harvest potions when I have them, and over 3 weeks now have not gotten one.
    I've found multiple Essence of Magic, which are supposed to be the rarer of the 2 o_O
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

If you are on Maj`Dul server and need Planar Essence for spells, I am more than happy to trade a few for other rares / items. I don't find them often but it seems the nodes that I do find them most on are "food nodes" like the bushes and fish. :p

Did I mention when I harvest I usually harvest around 10k+ mats before I stop? Hello, my name is Kuulei and I am a harvest-a-holic!

Best plugin for ACT is the Harvest Tracking!
    Prox, Xianthia and Sigrdrifa like this.
  20. Prox Well-Known Member

Planer Energy (Greater, lesser, superior) do not drop from Harvesting , they are raid and PQ drops.
    kingmob23 likes this.