Planar Energy, any daily quests?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by JackBurton, Oct 17, 2019.

1. JackBurton New Member

so I finally got my books, and go to craft journeyman spells and find the fuel component is 'Planar Energy'. looking on the auction house 1 is going for around 15k plat. umm ok. :|.

Digging I *Think* the way you get these is by harvesting, and harvesting and harvesting, till you get lucky?

Are there any daily quests I could do to earn Planar Energy?
    if not any guides to increasing chance to get these??
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

They're rare harvests and also potential reward for the daily harvesting quests (that you get from guild harvesters).
    Breanna likes this.
  3. EQ_Jack Active Member

is there any other way to get these? can I salvage for them? or some other way to get them? I haven't gotten one, and market place is super expensive for them. Whats amazing is the broker is simply LOADED with them. how did players get so many?
  4. EQ_Jack Active Member

for example one character has two auctions of 900 planar energy each. that's 1800 planar energy. How'd they do that?
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

They either harvested them or they bought them at a lower price and are selling at a higher price.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Simply go harvest in the Plane of Magic or Chaos Descending. You may get Planar Energy from any node type.

I think I get more of these in PoP, YMMV.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Check your harvest skills. Is your Bountiful harvest at 100%? Have you raised your harvesting skills? What is your rare harvest chance? Try to get that up higher as well. This requires a set of harvesting gear (as well as mount and familiar) but it really does make them easier to come by.
  8. JackBurton New Member

oh... didn't even think to look at those stats. mine is 27% bountiful, 12% rare. I'm getting rares, just NO planar energy at all. Mostly I harvest in doomfire for what its worth.

Today I worked to get the advanced pack pony and now have that deployed. Does that help?

I'll work on pushing the rare % up. 12% though should be 1 in 10 I get a rare. And based on suggestion above, I'll go try POP.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Plane of Magic really is the best place to get these mats. I don't have a harvesting gear set, and am only running with the increases to rare and harvest % from AAs, and I pick up a lot of these. Make sure you harvest ALL nodes too, not just the ones for your own particular tradeskill class. Increases your chance a lot.
    Breanna likes this.