Planar Crafting Completionist Achievement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I'm thinking the same thing. Maybe they're being too subtle for me, but I'm having to go digging through census reports like this: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/308541830

... to notice that the Rune is no trade anyway, so why isn't this an Adventure achievement since no crafter can make it for anybody else.

If this is what's supposed to replace PGs, no thank you. PGs may have been dog doo, but this is the pooper scooper. If they're surprised that we're upset about this, they need to take a vacation to recapture their reason. I really wasn't upset until:

1. I realized that I couldn't replace ANY of my purple adorns except one which I got early on in a solo drop, none since. This is now January and except for my Epic, I've been stripped of all my adorns with no real hope of replacing them.

2. I realized people could yoink this without saying anything, or someone could blunder into it and everyone gets mad... which leads to a basic problem... we don't' need more acrimonious communication. This is a plain old drama trigger that would get even innocent people kicked from no drama guilds. Maybe they need to join our guilds in disguise to know what a cess of manipulation they can be. This just feeds the toxicity in some guild structures.

3. You CANNOT do zones one after another if you always have to stop and comb the place for clickys. This would've worked fine in solos, but not in group zones.Is there a simpler version in solos? Doubtful, but I haven't personally looked.

4. There is no aspect of working for it, no aspect of loyalty to the game, no aspect of helping someone else out. Dumb luck.

Others have pointed out the other problems. If this is an incorrect assessment, I really hope they will speak up and say what they meant by it. They keep acting like this is a cute little secret, but it looks more like a tarantula hiding under a rock.

Whenever we get upset about something they say "then don't do it." OK, I won't. Now you tell me how I get the PUG to move on and not do it either, so I dont have to stand here for 30 minutes while they scour the field. Not gonna happen. Why isn't this stuff in the landscape? Why an instance?
    Quillyne, Earar, Finora and 3 others like this.
  2. Sinhika Well-Known Member

My test for "Is it tradeskill or adventure?" is "Can a level 20 adventurer/level 110 crafter do the thing? Yes--it's tradeskilling. No, you have to be 110 adventurer--it's adventure."

So far as I can tell, there's no tradeskill content this expansion--I hear you have to be a high-level adventurer just to get your basic recipes. I hope we have an expansion with tradeskill content again someday--then I might buy it.
    Tkia, Rhodris, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't have to be high level to do your basic leveling. But I agree with you about the amount of tradeskill 'content' this expac. :(
    Finora and Rhodris like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

That rumor is incorrect, you can certainly buy the essentials recipes (after you ding 101) at the crafting trainer in town or the recipe salesman in your guild hall. But you are right, there is no content outside of recipe books that I've seen in this expansion yet.

They are promising the crafting questline, but who knows when it'll actually manifest itself.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

My test for "Is it tradeskill or adventure?" is "Can a level 20 crafter/level 110 adventurer do the thing? Yes--it's adventure. No, you have to be 110 crafter--it's tradeskill."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Tkia, Prissetta and Dude like this.
  6. Lucus Well-Known Member

you can make it for others using the commission system, it's how i got the rune of witness V rune, so it's feasible (but not likely) to give one person the mats for the achievement so you can have one adorner in your guild to craft them for you.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ugh.. not even heirloom, so you can't even make it for your alts.. either they have to get the recipe themselves or you have to find somebody else with the recipe to commission it from for alts.
    Despite appearances, this expac is NOT alt friendly...
    examples:
    All zones are unlocked by one toon, but you have to do a faction line and part of the sig line on each toon to get the Font of Power buff to be able to run solos on alts
    Adornments are account unlocks.. but they're No-Trade and require sig line and all 3 faction lines to buy.. so any alt that wants an adornment has to run the sig line and all 3 faction lines
    Raid flagging to get INTO zones is account wide, but the flagging to NOT take more damage from mobs when you haven't killed previous mobs is NOT... so if every alt doesn't kill every raid mob, they'll take more damage from raid mobs...

Topically the expac looks alt friendly, but in effect every alt needs to do everything
    Sejreia, Quillyne, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  8. Nelie Well-Known Member

Still looking for info on this
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Innovation - Juxtaposition
    Disease - Glory
    Thunder - Championship
    Flame - Witness
    Dude, Lucus, Xillean and 2 others like this.
  10. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yeah and if you notice, the costs in materials for each combine, is so astronomical, you'd never be able to get all that together for more than one or two alts. This whole system is bogus. How about we go back to the AoM method? or the ToV method of gaining adorns?
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah they need to whether create treasured gear (15 - 16 ) solo or duo zone
    legendary in T1 and fabled in T2 ?

or give us a way to transform into fragments. It's a pain
  12. Lucus Well-Known Member

i much rather the system where you can craft them, when the resource costs are reasonable of coarse whether you get the new or old runes atm ether way is a grind, for pg tokens or mats.

incoming patch will have transmutation stones drop in solos and heroics that you can transmute for fragments.
    Semperfifofum and Earar like this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Can transmute for SOMETHING... in the past transmute stones generally transmuted to higher level mats, (ie infusers and mana), not lower level ones (fragments and powders).
    I HOPE it's fragments, but I'm not holding my breath.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

if the stones have a high drop rate then it wouldn't be too bad if you could get powders etc from them, seems like adepts are about 50/50 whether you get a frag or not and it's better having them on the loot table with the adepts then just having the adepts.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Powders are trivial to get.. lengedary stuff (ie all the gear out of the solo zones) gives a powder ~75% of the time. The LAST thing we need is more ways to get powders...
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Don't they break down into 7 fragments though? And you can make using mass production, plus can get lucky and not use up mats. Idk I'd personally rather have a powder.
  17. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

They don't break down. The devs have not yet deigned to add the adorning Distillation and Dilution recipes to the game for the latest tier.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The problem is that they haven't made those recipes.. despite feedback starting in beta.
  19. Alenna Well-Known Member

what we need is the distillation and dilution adorn books for this tier.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

We've asked for them since back in beta.... I doubt well be getting them soon, or at all, really. :(