Planar Crafting Completionist Achievement

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Mermut, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Xellium Active Member

There is no reason for the clickit's to be contested like they are now.
    Everyone in group should be able to roll on it.
    I takes the entire group to clear the zone, no one in the group should be excluded from looting rights.
    You should certainly not be able to drop group and Rob everyone of their hard work and time.

This mechanic is very annoying, I'm not happy with it at all.

Also, the whole invisible clickie thing is complete BS.
    If someone clicks it, they can just lie to everybody and say there must have been no spawn this time around. No smoking gun left behind.
    It's a gankfest waiting to happen.

This is very dissapointing to say the least.
  2. maxximum Active Member

Ran my first pickup in a while because a group was looking for tank for ages. It was advertised as all the t1s which I was happy to do. First zone, no craft component dropped and the person who formed the group said they were going afk for 10 mins to eat their dinner. I smell a rat, drop group, zone in after 1 minute and target that player. They're running all over the zone trying to ninja the update.

Ran a bunch of zones with guildies right after and I found all the clickies and we all random rolled on them, no problem at all.

Awful, awful mechanic. It was bad enough with lvl 100 crafters rolling on the components before and this stuff rotting in peoples banks, now I won't do pick groups at at all which means one less tank when there's already a shortage of tanks.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

I didn't realize this was the mechanic for this until recently. Seriously, what the heck were they thinking with this?
  4. Jhen Ro Active Member

This really should be if you were in the zone and killed the last named, you can click it. Not just one person. It's bad enough we have to squabble over the chance to drop last named's item, but having this the way it is now just fosters ill will.

That said, the groups I've ran I've said up front, if there is a clicky at the end (and no drop from chest) - whoever is interested in it will all /ran 1 1000 and the winner gets to click it. We will FIND it as a group so we all know where it is going forward, though. Zero issues on that, so far.
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. maxximum Active Member

It should (at the very least) announce zone wide who has looted clickies, like the house stuff in previous expacs.
    Dude and Prissetta like this.
  6. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is what Gninja meant, but if he was talking about the Yelniak researcher from Skyshrine, you're right. Those items were tradeable and still are. However, my husband and I are filling in the missing pieces in our crafters now because we can solo the raid. Given enough time, you can complete any raid, assuming there isn't some dumb death mechanic left in it after the content moves on.

The Sinking Sands has some amusing crafting/raiding stuff too, but also some fail conditions that wipe you, so they're not very satisfying to do. Assuming the raids/heroics eventually get nerfed a bit (they seem to, over time), the achievement will be finished in what? Two years for most people? Three a the most.

I'm hoping there will be more achievements when the TS quests show up.

I agree. However, I want to point out that the only people who ever have control over Raid drops are the raid leaders. Nobody else in the whole game has that access until the raids can be solo/duo'd. In my experience, they end up on the restricted page of the guild bank and are not given out to players unless "needed" which is almost never. Then they are sold off to make money to run the guild. Even tradeable drops are benefiting the raider only. There is a basic looting unfairness which has been addressed in a limited way, sometimes, in other expansions, notably when Obols were modified to give everyone an obol if one was dropped.

It's possible that the no trade tag was an attempt to modify this "sticky fingers" behavior and force the items to be distributed to the people who can use them, at the time that they drop.

Note: I am not saying all raid groups work like this, it's just a mechanic I have experienced and didn't like.
  7. Meilay Active Member

The fact that 48 items need to be harvested to complete the 12 crafts, is a grind to begin with. I get the whole " lets keep the mechanic a secret" Easter egg thing, but, the mechanic of looting the items should be changed IMO to either;

1- similar to any other collectable in zone, loot screen pops loot settings go into effect.

2- a Zone Wide message that states which character looted which item.

3- make the items limited trade capable for group in zone, similar to loot won, but not broker tradeable. I.e. had to be in zone for end boss kill. + message on whom looted it.

It seems they want the items mechanic as such to keep them limited (1 per run), and them being No Trade means a lot of running as is, at least throw us a bone about the harvesting of these materials.
  8. Karsa Active Member

Would suggest with the upcoming trade skill sig quest that supposed to be released sometime in January that several of rewards and or repeatable tradeskill quests rewards could be choice of these harvestable items, no trade etc.
  9. Indabuff Active Member

I cant really say I care for the direction that crafting is going. One of the main reasons I have stuck with this game was because crafting could be a separate activity. If the plan now is to mesh it in with adventuring then I will have to give some thought to whether I stay or not. Yes other games mess the two, and that is a big part of why I am here. The thing is though other games are not near the complexity of this one to develop a character to do adventure content. Being my time here has not been spent doing that as for doing heroic or higher content it is not something I am ready to do on any of my toons. So do I spend countless hours grinding to get a toon to that point? The other games that I don't currently play have a much simpler path to do the adventure content. So now I have to weigh why I was here in the first place, because crafting was a separate thing.

I have three subbed accounts here, and I guess what it is coming down is if you are losing the main reason I stay here being that crafting was separate, then other games with much newer engines, much easier paths to adventure are going to look different to me now. This is not the only game with housing either. I don't know maybe you can push crafters to adventure, I don't know, but I guess the question I have is why? If the crafters and decorators are happy doing what they are doing, why should you care why they are here, or decide they should also do the other content. I know I for one, will really be weighing whether or not I stay. Something that actually surprises me, but this game is losing the one thing that kept me here, a choice.
    Dude, Quillyne, Tkia and 5 others like this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

yeah show the item in a window "need or greed" would be much better I agree. It should work like shinnies to avoid ninja loots
    Xillean, Prissetta and Mermut like this.
  11. Arieva Well-Known Member

I guess i dont see why non adventuring crafters would make a fuss over not being able to obtain these items without adventuring. You dont NEED the 35 resolve items that come from crafting these. Nor do you need the mount unless you were hoping for its appearance. The only obtainable thing you could conceivably use is the recipes for pg oranges but again..if you dont adventure you dont need those either.

I think crafters just need to calm down and wait for their content. Does it suck that it didnt go live with the rest? Yes. Does it suck that Domino went back to Canada? Yes. Will the tradeskill content suck with out her? The answer is we dont know till we see it and this timeline in heroic zones isnt just for you crafters.
    Kuulei and Semperfifofum like this.
  12. Xillean Well-Known Member

If its going to stay labeled as crafting related then yes we are going to make a fuss. I happen to be a adventurer as well as a crafter but honestly there is 0 reason the adorn recipes should be this hard to get, anyone who has a adorner should be able to learn it and from the recipe vendor, its not like they dont take a significant amount of mats to make.

As far as the mount goes it should have the tradeskill stats on it along with the adventure stats.

But really the fuss for a lot of people I know is this shouldn't have been labeled crafting to begin with just because it has a few crafting steps it should be adventure or general and you wouldnt have seen much of a fuss to begin with if any.
  13. Nelie Well-Known Member

I would like to know which books come from which planar achievement. I was told the Disease planar achievement grants the Championship book....so...
    Disease = Championship (?)
    Innovation = ????
    Storms = ?????
    Flames = ?????
  14. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Since I'm just an average scrubby player, I can say, yes.

It's not just the last boss in each zone. Not sure I understand it all, but I got a recipe and some kind of goo from a flower in "The Source" Heroic (after the last boss, do NOT go back to CoV or it depops). Actually didn't realize what the /rand was for and clicked the flower. I had no chance to trade it to the person who fairly won the /rand check. Didn't even get a message to confirm taking it. I clicked it in my chat box and it gave me the recipe and a quest. I was hoping for "examine" but ok.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

Just like the epic 2.0 was when hte Devs made the horrible decision to force Adventurers to become end level Crafters.
  16. Dzir Member

Mount unlocks on alts?
  17. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Having given it some thought... are we talking about this specifically?

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Vile_Bracelet

Because there's no reason for a non hybrid character to want that bracelet, and possibly the other 3 items that can be made. it's Heirloom. So only the Achievement? Maybe we're talking about different items.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

A request on the clickies (I scrolled through, don't think it was requested prior):

Given that the Clickie are no-trade, could they changed to being visible to only crafters of at least level 100. Some folks simply don't craft and/ or may be on an alt which does not TS. They may click the item, not knowing what it is...or there could be trolls that click them deliberately.
  19. Jhen Ro Active Member

For the clicking updates, again suggesting a change.

As it is now, it discourages pugs because of an air of distrust between players that are going for the reward. It has gained enough attention now where it's starting to be an issue.

Some suggestions:
    • Make it act like a looted item - on click, a group loot window comes up that goes with the group loot options. Not perfect, but would handle vast majority of issues.
    • On click, all in zone present for final named kill are given one. No fighting, everyone gets one that was there. It was a fun Easter egg that has been discovered - now that it has, let it change. Precedence of Anashti Sul when killed first time on server, changed the game where all could worship. Same deal - rceipe was discoed, so those can change to all get now.
    • On click, zone message of who clicked it. Not ideal, since a person could feign ignorance. Or if a group forgot, and last one out of the zone clicked and gave the message, no one would see it.
    • On click, zone message of who clicked it - and marks the spot with the name like a markable object, so there is a point of reference. I really hope it would never come to this, but having that level of evidence would quickly sort out the dishonest folks about this.
  20. Mathafern Well-Known Member

As to the quality of the items- remember, they are crafted, so they can be experimented. That improves them a bit, especially the potency value. A stressful process to be sure.
    Semperfifofum likes this.