Pixiewrath's Official EQ2 Movie Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat, Apr 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

I use FRAPS and yes, they become huge. All in all I think I had 70 GB or so of movie material for the last video "Delving into the Depths".

But once I am done editing I render them with Sony Vegas 10 Pro into WMV-format at best quality.

Then the entire 3 minute movie became around 600 MB.

If I activate 60 frames per second instead of 30 (which I use in all my videos) while rendering in Sony Vegas, it becomes around 2.1 GB in size.

However, youtube doesn't feature higher framerate than 30 FPS so it makes no reason to use higher framerate if you are planning on youtube upload.

That being said, picture quality isn't perfect. The best format is probably quicktime format but I am having problem with it at the moment as either the movies become huge or just look bad.

When it works as it should it is a really good format for youtube though.

Both MPEG and WMV have a tendency to make things a bit blurry and dark. The blurriness isn't easily spotted if you don't run in fullscreen though.

But if you want good quality, yes, go with FRAPS.

My hard drive is 2 TB so I have room for lots of footage.

And I am planning to buy an external 2 TB hard drive for backup as well, saving some space on my normal one.

You can however choose quality in FRAPS in the way of resolution, but that might mess the quality up really bad so I go with application decided quality.

Edit: It is possible to choose frame rate record in FRAPS as well, and I go with 30. This saves a lot of space compared to 60.
  2. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

By the way, the server merge is taking place today so the dungeon will probably become available later today, not the 17th as my movie said.

Nonetheless, I hope the people on Freeport that haven't tried it yet likes it.
  3. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

4. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made yet another movie. This time it's the Timorous Deep Aether Racing Course.

Couldn't record it last time it was online, but here it goes!

Does anyone follow this thread? Hard to know when people don't comment the thread or the vids on youtube.

I don't even remember putting it in the Fan Art section?
  5. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made a new video called "Shard of Love - A Godess Risen" . A comparision video of the two zones.

I really need to work on my fonts being more professional than just coloured text and similar. Anyone know any good plugins or features in Sony Vegas 10 that works for this?
  6. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

So, my dungeon trilogy is finally completed!

I am proud to present "Delving into the Depths - Part III" , the final part of the Delving into the Depths saga.

Dungeon available on Freeport server.
  7. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

8. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made and posted the last Aether Races track: Greater Faydark today.

Hope you enjoy it. No more Aether Racing videos now for a while!

Until they create a new track, that is! Hope you enjoyed them!
  9. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

10. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Since this thread is supposed to be mainly about Everquest II related videos with some exceptions, I started a new thread where I have linked some other non-Everquest II related videos.

For now, the point of that thread is solely to show off some games I made many years ago with The Games Factory and Klik 'n Play.

You can find that thread HERE or on the bottom of the first post on the first page.
  11. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made a short video of me playing the EQII theme on the piano... I intended to play more but ended up getting angry on myself for failing near the end over and over so I decided to leave it for a while.

Lots of people interrupted me in the playing as well so... Either way, gotta try at least. Might do the full one some day in a very distant future if I get my mind at it again.

And no, I am not good at the piano. And yes, it sounds false. The piano isn't fine tuned either so...
  12. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made another new movie. A small walkthrough of Haven for those that never tried betraying.

Tested it today for the first time with a temporary character, but... It wasn't too impressive

Either way, click here to watch it.

No idea how many people are watching this thread, but I won't be editing much for the next three months due to work.

Won't have my editing computer with me, sadly.

Expect some nice video once the Qeynos revamp has gone live though, be the video delayed or not.
  13. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

14. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Made a compilation of all the new Qeynos Songs in this video.

Elddar Grove being my favourite without a doubt. Which oddly enough has the file name "Elder's Grove". Strange...
  15. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

Added my contribution to the Great Divide Aether Race... Finished in 108 seconds. I think without mistakes or bugs, one can get around 106 or so.
  16. ARCHIVED-TommyDaGreat Guest

17. ARCHIVED-Ceebia Guest