piercing the darkness

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by adame, Aug 24, 2020.

1. adame New Member

i have re visited every area to get update with 5 books i am so tired of it frustrated and really wanting to finish but ughhhh
  2. Melkior Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure what your question is. Are you having trouble getting updates? If so which part specifically are you on?
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

o Seru's Ascent: on the stairs to Sanctus Seru (686, 51, 666)
    o Marus Plateaus: in the hills with the Zelniaks, leaving Sanctus Pass, above The Dawdling Pools (-9, 69, 272)
    o Teeming Caldera: in the trench between the hive and Recuso Tor (-44, 12, 69)
    o Recuso Tor (-568, 33, 374)
    o At Grieg's Spire: The Blinding entrance (614, 428, -580). Do an evac or use the drone in -646, 59, 333 .
    Lateana, Breanna, Argosunited and 2 others like this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

When you are in the correct areas as listed by Whilhelmina, you also get a message in your chat window saying you are in an area that could be useful for examining the book. Make sure you click on the book and go through it completely (next page link) as it adds a page to the end for the updates.
    Hartsmith, Lateana and Breanna like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

If you are 100% certain that you have hit all those spots and re-visited them all to be sure, then you may need to ping Gninja as some folks got in an odd state. I thought he said he fixed that issue already, though, but if you've been sitting on that step a few weeks, that may be the issue.
    Laaw, Twyla, Whilhelmina and 2 others like this.
  6. Yenk Active Member

Adame is right!
    Whilhelminas order is true, but the quest description in Wikipedia/Fandom is wrong! The 4th and 5th point are interchanged there.
    If you visit the five points like fandoms description you will get the 4th pling, but not the 5th one and it will be not possible to finish this quest and you have to delete and restart it. Had this problem three times!

Okay, my last try is 4 months ago. Maybe this is fixed now.
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Piercing_the_Darkness:_A_Very_Fortunate_Turn_of_Events_Part_III (step 3)
  7. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

You can get them in any order, I forgot some quite a few times. I don't know why my waypoints work for some while the wikia waypoints work for others, that's why I send mine to those with problems, they're not in the exact same place and for whatever reason it seems to help.

I tend to port from Seru to Blinding through fast travel and do them in the 5-4-2-3-1 order (port to entrance, fly to recuso and ding, fly back to entrance and jump down on plateau, jump down to the caldera and run back to Seru)
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  8. Yenk Active Member

Ok, if so, that was fixed in the last 4 months.
    4 months ago the order in Fandom/Wiki never worked. The 5th visit in step 3 didn't give the questupdate.
    This happened to friends (and myself three times).
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

For my part I never used the wikia or specific locs. The locs are definitely not that precise. I just run to the area until I see the location change, then read the book. This method has worked for all 9 of my crafters. I think I tended to work from Seru to Tor as well, but I don't remember specifically anymore.
    Whilhelmina, Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I go Blinding to Seru since on the second go around you will be right by the Aurelian Coast entry.
    Interesting how we all work out a different way, but all arrive at the same finishing. :)
  11. Bnataal New Member

Is anyone else having this problem again? I get to all the locations and get the and get the cue to check my book and in all locations except the Teeming Cauldron I get a n update with new pages. In the Teeming cauldron I get the cue to check the book but the book reads the same as on locations with out the cue and there are several points where the cue shows up but you get the same result
  12. Denmum Developer

Make sure that you are moving slowly, so you can stop the second you get the cue. If you move too quickly, you end up stopping outside the proper area. I've had that happen more than once on my play characters before.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  13. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

This^^^. My technique is to stop as soon as I get the cue, then back up a bit, then move forward again slowly til it cues again.
    Breanna, Denmum and Twyla like this.