Picking a Server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Edavi, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Edavi New Member

Hi Everyone,

I haven't played EQ2 in a loooong time. Level cap was 80, life started getting in the way. I really want to play, and have been super interested in the FTE servers. I think innerd to be talked into it though.

It sounds like this is the second progression server, but that first progression server is dead. Is that generally how this goes? People play it til it is caught up then bail? What's the long term look like on these? I like the idea of not being 14 years behind everyone, but could just play abnormal server to enjoy all the content that I haven't seen yet. Thank you all! Appreciate your input.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate is actually the 3rd TLE Server, the first 2 were Deathtoll (PvP) and Stormhold (PVE). Deathtoll was merged into Stormhold hold quite some time ago due to low population.

Stormhold had issues and was suffering low populations after Fallen Gate was released in June. Fallen Gate heritage quest completions give the same account items on the live servers. Stormhold/Deathtoll players had to vote to release expansions, Fallen Gate has a set 12 week period between expansion releases, with mid-expansion content releases about 6 weeks after the expansion launches.

The experience gain is very low so its a grind, if you do not mind that then FG would be a good option for you.

You can lock your character on live servers so you do not outlevel the content before you have seen/done all you wish to do before moving forward. I would suggest making a character on each of the live servers and checking out the populations online at your normal play times, look at the guilds recruiting, etc. If you are subscribed, make a character on FG and see if you like that playstyle. After doing this you should be able to make an informed decision on your choice of a server.

Should you end up on AB and need help, give me or any member of Knights of the Yorkshire Rose a yell and we will help however we can.

Cyrrena
    Mizgamer62, Ceyllynn and Dude like this.
  3. Edavi New Member

Thanks for the reply and the offer for help! Didn't have notifications on, so took me a while to check back.

I love the idea of the TLE server so long as the population is there to support it, otherwise, I would justgo Live server and maybe grind to content I haven't been to and lock to see it all from there.

Thanks!
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Oh and remember chronomancers are your friend, use them if you decide to level and then go back and the mobs will not all be grey.

Cyrrena