Pick your poison

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Hartsmith, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Now that my guild is high enough level to have potion AND ammo depots, I'm taking a moment to stock up on various potions, and it got me to wondering about the different types of poison. Which ones are the most useful? I like the idea that my ranger would choose Fettering, but which one would the assassin gain the best advantage with?
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Komatus Well-Known Member

Back 3 or 4 years ago or so it was Hemotoxin poisons. What the thinking is now days I really don't know as no new poisons have been introduced with the latest expacs so what I have heard is that they are about useless at least for the top level mobs.
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  3. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

as for *actual* poisons, there haven't been any since AOM, which breaks my little predator heart, if i had one. there are some stat reduction "poisons" that can be used by pretty much any scout though.
    Soara2, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You can stack up to I think three poisons or different types.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  5. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Didn't it used to be you could only use one at a time?
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

on my assassin, i run 5 total. acidic blast, marked target, warding ebb, hemotoxin (though i can't imagine why, cause they're terrible...extras, and habit, i guess...) and ignorant bliss. all scout classes can use the first 3 i listed.
    Soara2 and Hartsmith like this.
  7. Standard Member

Hemotoxin, though useless damage-wise, does mark the mob as poisoned, which is helpful for abilities which require it.
    Soara2, Mercychalice and Hartsmith like this.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

Up to 7 poisons can be used at a time: the 4 new poisons and 3 old poisons (one from each type, with limitations).
    Soara2, Breanna and Hartsmith like this.