PG solo walkthrough for 8:42 clear time

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Wgrace, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Wgrace Active Member

You probably want to watch on youtubes homepage, embedding tends to garbage up the pixels.

I apologize if posting videos on here is against the rules or something. If it is I wont do it anymore.

That being said, if you're one of those ppl who have trouble completing the PG solo in good time or beating the final boss (yes I realize most ppl are fine with it, but I've met a few ppl who have had trouble) then hopefully this helps.

Forgive the crappy editing skills, I'm not an experienced content creator.

If you regularly finish in a significantly faster time than this, feel free to share your methods, I'm not claiming I'm the best at this.

[edit] -- just got an 8:14 time doing the same thing.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the room after the first name, where you gather three droags and kill them, you can just keep running and they'll leash somewhere in the next hallway. Or you can kill the first one and hug the center barrier as you run through and the rest will ignore you. I did pick up some things I didn't know! Thanks for the tips.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Wgrace Active Member

True, but you need to kill enough of them to open the portal that sends you to the bridge. If I skipped those guys and didn't kill some other adds along the way to make up for it, I think the portal wouldn't have been active after the boss right before it (I wouldn't have gotten that green text that says I've weakened the enemies grasp on the teleportation pad or whatever). I think i tried doing that before and I ended up having to run back and kill adds.
  4. Wildfirez New Member

does your player stats make a difference on your DPS so someone just coming back or lower tier gear would take longer ?
  5. Tsurupettan Active Member

I have a semi-consistent 7:30ish. Most of my time loss is on RNG on the first boss with unlucky misses.

Mobs have longer leash ranges if you damage them first, learn how far you can take droag and then move with trash down some of the hallways as you attack them.

You can use the drakota to kill droags and damage bosses.

I use the drakota to kill the two droag at the end of the first bridge. Stop roughly at the line of the metal tile and immediately cast the nuke or stun on one of the droag to engage them. The drakota will often instantly kill the droag for you and then leash quickly since you didn't engage them directly. Getting this consistent takes practice on timing and position as it is very tight.

You can hurt the blinding boss with the drakota but I'm not sure it's worth the time investment. You can also use it on the three droag in the room after the first boss, but I haven't come up with a position for it to consistently kill them all. I also always end up stuck in combat with those drakota (though you can pull them into the next boss too), so it might not be worth the time investment.

Engaging enemies with your speed boost up will cause it to not return to max speed state after breaking combat. To solve this, just start casting any spell (such as your heal) while moving. The moment you start a cast, it'll re-engage max speed.

Don't ignore the golems on the way to the blinding boss. In my experience they die just as fast as the droag and count equally for portal completion. I kill everything in my way on the first tunnel before him, jump down into the boss, kill him as I walk him toward the exit and then kill 2 of the 3 things in the tunnel. You can also cure the taunt det so it's no big deal.
    Wgrace likes this.
  6. Wgrace Active Member

Nice, awesome tips :D -- I'm sure some of this will shave time off for me.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Any level 100 toon, no matter how badly geared, can successfully run the PGs. You are ported into the body of a droag brigand, basically, and have its armor and abilities.
    Wgrace likes this.
  8. Wildfirez New Member

I understand that but i am curious if you are better geard will you kill faster and be able to do them faster hence was my question :) does your gear stats carry over at all ?
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nope. You are in the body of a whole different being, with its own abilities. You actually leave your body standing there at the entrance. Your gear is not on or near the avatar, so no, it doesn't help.
    Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  10. yerbo Member

I rarely take over 7:30 so there's lots you can do to shave off 1 min 15 secs.
  11. Tajar Well-Known Member

Mine take about 12-16 minutes but I suck LOL
  12. Wgrace Active Member

Then this post is perfect for you lol