PG adorns on PoP Status Merchant

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Mermut, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

The adorns are acting oddly.
    1) Toons with lvl 3 PG adorn aren't seeing the lvl 4 one on the PoP status merchant
    2) The adornment on the merchant says it comes with an unlocker that allows alts to buy that adorn of the adornment off the adornment merchant, but they're not showing up there
  2. Furycai Member

I’m thinking you didn’t catch the comment that you can not upgrade the PG adorns with PoP coins.

Does everyone agree that the orange runes from the proving grounds should absolutely be upgraded with either planar quintessence or marks of glory? It just makes sense to do it that way. I think the price of coins is too high but at least let them upgrade with either coinage if you are not going to offer new items that can be put in different slots.
    Steelviper, Lateana and Prissetta like this.
  3. Sogapa Active Member

I had hoped when I saw they were adding account flags that they would include pg adorns that are already owned on a toon. I even took the rune of championship IV off of my toon it is equipped on to see if that would unlock the rune for account, but does not seem to.

I had hoped that I could stop grinding the proving grounds once this change was made, but as long as it will take to get a single fully upgraded rune using the new public quest currency, I feel like I'm still stuck running the proving grounds instead of running current content, if I want to play more than one toon in the current content.
    Prissetta likes this.
  4. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I think what they have done is a reasonable solution to "the alt problem", and encouraged people to keep hacking away at PQs even once they have the 300 they need for the wrists.

The runes are identical yet exclusive of one another, as they have to be given "the flagging issue". While I welcome the account flags they've started using this expansion, I can see where it would be a PITA for developers to keep them all straight. I strongly suspect that these account flags are why account-to-account transfers are switched off at the moment. How do you handle THAT trainwreck?

While I also would embrace being handed account flags for the runes (since I have them all already) I just can't see them being retroactive- too many ways that can go wrong. So learn to love PQs ;)
  5. Furycai Member

I’m not sure I follow the way this addresses the ‘alt problem’. The way I understand it, the alt problem is the difficulty in getting your alt geared. This makes it harder because now you are working on you main.

All they have to do to keep people running the PQs is add another item to purchase with the coins. Adding the same item that a lot of us already have, does nothing except make it more difficult. Causing us to spend weeks of time to get a tiny increase. Even with the ability to go from IV PG adorn to V with planar quintessence, we still have to spend about a week in the new PQs.

I’m not buying that it is difficult to flag or track. The system is already there. If you have the orange rune in your bag, you use it as currency for the next level. Problem solved.
    Prissetta likes this.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

You don't need IV to get to V. The Vs are from a completely different recipe/method then 1-4
  7. Furycai Member

Ah, cool. Thanks for clarifying that for me. So then it seems there is no need to get the adorns by PQ currency if you already have the PG adorns up to IV. Once I get that recipe it would be nice to be able to transfer the old adorn to an alt. That would certainly help with the alt problem. Or would that be flagged so I could buy the V for an alt with a reasonable amount of coins?
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

Vs are not purchasable/unlockable from any merchant.. they're crafted only.
    Furycai likes this.
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello People,

I have made a jump in the air, if i saw we could buy the PG Addorns for New Currency at PoP, so i walked to the Dealer and it has hit me out of my shoes 35Coins for first addorn is 4 PG is complet so first question why 35 and 30 and why the prices are increased so much.:mad::mad:
    DB you need to have in mind, thier are not so many hardcore gamers left at all, most of the players are casual gamers who are playing EQ2 for having fun with frinds, but they cant if you do things like that.
    For me its a disapointing thing too, i own the time to run the PG / BG and i will keep runing them even i am rid off but i wont spent 560 PQ Coins form PoP for only one addorn upgraded to 4.:D

And for me things should be like that, all players who had framed hours and hours on BG thier should be a benefit for that may be frist addorn off al for free.
    Problem 2 the PG Addorns could be bought by every toon the once in PoP not, so if we could get a mixture like Buy flag one at PoP get upgrade 2, 3, 4, etc at PG Dealer without haveing the Addorn for replacing it for the upgraded once.:):D

2nd BIG BIG Problem is that the Addorns and the Flag is only 1 thing in my opinion Flag and addorn should be devided and lowered in price.
    I used to play like 7 Toons in complete and need to equip them.
    Atm if i counted my PG Tokens correctly i will have farmed nealy 50K PG Coins until PGs are back in Game, for equiping my toons.:cool::)
    Some players would call me mad or crazy or what ever but thier is a saying in Germany
    " The one who is wanted to be pretty has to feel pain before he/ she is "

And the biggest thing all are complaining about and thats one point i am in anger too is the Addorns from the PoP and PG dealer arent Hierloom.
    No Trade is not OK , the best thing for all or the community would be the reset on tradeable as it was at launch on PoP all was fine with that no one had any problem with that so why was it changed.;)

The Droprate of the addorns is very low and the casual players wont get a set completed until end of addon.
    I am online very often an keep runing Solos and Heroics and i saw like 10 addorns since lauche of PoP and won 4.
    The chest drops of the addorns shoul be like the armor patterns so every player could choose what he is needing.
    For me the set which has 26% Pot / 25k Power and the ASC proc could be erased from game because nobody uses, this will lower the miss rate by finding the addonrs for the sets everyone is looking for which is HP and Miti set for sure.
    The 3 Set which is quiet usefull is the one which increases Damge of Tainted Mutation 3 other spells.

If erasing the 4th set out of loot table we only had 9 dirfferent to loot instat of 12.:)

The Next patch tooks off one of the disapointing Requierments for alts from the addorns but the very most bad thing must have looted everything once before buying it is TIMESINK 100% for sure.:mad:

MFG Helfiren
  10. Rubick Well-Known Member

Why do casual players need complete sets of orange adorns or the PG/PQ adorns? They are 100% unnecessary for heroics and easy raid content. The hardcore players must have a way to feel they're progressing as well. So many people on this forum expect to have their cake and eat it too. If you're a casual player just enjoying spending time with your friends then do that instead of making/posting on threads about game balance because you can't get every piece of loot.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

To Rubick,

First copy and paste is a thing some people especialy politics are hardly blamed for in the past.
    Find you own words to create a post and dont coppy 2/3 from it.

And if you had read carefully what i have written you must have seen 50K PG Coins farmed from me.
    So tell me; is a player who farmed 50k Coins a casual player i think not and i am not i am one of those who is Owning 7 Epic 2 Weapons and all spells of them minimum on master.
    Atm i own 7 Toons with stats ready for going T2 Raid in PoP a casual Player wont have 2.

if i write things about casual players i dont write from my point of view i only remember things which should be considered if EQ2 should have a chance to survive in future, because of the Fact that only 1/3 of the whole community are Hardcore Gamers as me and my be you.
    We are a kind of players which trying to squeeze out the best but the game is liveing from the big casual player base remeber that if you write things about those people if wanted to avoid getting thier anger focused on you ^^

And Every level up of stats will have a benefit for every player.
    If the casuals arent able to be succesfull in a way the y will quit game and we will be quited after them because geme will go down.
  12. Rubick Well-Known Member

I didn't copy and paste anything. You may think "oh he stole that from somebody else because I've heard it a thousand times" but guess what? You've heard it a thousand times because it's basic logic. This really shouldn't be a hard concept to grasp.

I just don't care if casual players can get PG/PQ orange adorns, since they were CLEARLY MEANT TO BE A GRIND FOR HARDCORE PLAYERS as evidenced by the exorbitant prices DBG put on both the PG vendor AND the PQ vendor for them. Casual players do not need them to clear anything they're going to be doing. There always needs to be items that only the "hardcore elitists" will get because they have to sink hours and hours into the game, otherwise the hardcore players that don't care about alts will be done with the entire expansion from a non-raid perspective in a matter of days. As it stands, I think this expansion is amazing for heroic content, as there's plenty of reason to run it between the mats, having to save infusions to buy orange adorns, needing stones to upgrade raid gear/buy black adorns, etc. I'm so tired of "casual players can't get this item they don't need" being spewed on these forums all the time. I've put over 100 hours in outside of raid time and I'm still not quite maxed out on my main for non-raid content, which is the case for all but 1 person in my guild. I also don't care if I anger the casual players. I am allowed to have my opinion and people are allowed to be upset with it. There is a grotesque amount of content for casual players this expansion. Most of them will be able to play the whole expansion and always have an upgrade to chase. What more does anybody need outside of goals to reach for and//or enjoyment from playing with their friends?
  13. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I agree, the token cost for alts is too high.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Lucus Well-Known Member

high token cost doesn't = only for hardcore players.

lets also remember that for min-maxers IV runes aren't max, min-maxers will be running heroics like mad to get adornment mats to make the V's, I've already gotten all four level V orange adorns myself.

this is about how much grinding the devs want the average player to grind to get these adorns to get their stats up to a decent level, championship IV and glory IV are significant health increases for players that only run heroics.

i don't see anything wrong with lowering the cost of the level IV runes and adding something else to buy with the tokens (like divine attribute crates and maybe familiar cages) to keep people running the PQs.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

I don't believe the token cost are high for a main but they are indeed for alts.

However for me these complaints about tokens misses the bigger pictures. As far as i am concerned these runes are huge game changer, they are far more valuable than some epic gear yet they are being handed out for doing VERY BORING crap in game. They could have used their imagination and gave these runes out as reward for something truly epic!
  16. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

rather than write 1000 word screed explaining why alts deserve a token discount, here's my response:

[IMG]

Oh! Come and see the overpricing inherent in the system! Help, help, my alts being repressed!