Closed / Unconfirmed Pets & Mercenaries & NPCs: Melee casters will 'stop' in place, waiting for cooldowns in-combat

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Hateborne, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Hateborne Member

I have noticed this mostly prominently with melee casting NPCs and mercenaries. I employ Vittia Direshadow as my mercenary on my wee coercer. If I send her in to attack, but the encounter-taunt cooldown is 10s or less from being available, she will legitimately stand in place until it is available. This is especially frustrating given that I can be under attack, but she refuses to move until that cooldown is available.

HOWEVER: If I kite the mobs to her directly (melee range), she'll continue to fight normally and continue as if nothing happened. This occurs when I have melee casting NPCs charmed as well (e.g. Fighter classes with taunt, Shadow Knight or Paladin, etc). It does not seem to be exclusive to taunt, though I see this much more often on a taunt ability (or so it seems).
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and GurtbyC like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

This may be a line-of-sight issue. If the mercenary's toes don't have LOS to the mob's toes, it won't attack.
  3. Hateborne Member

Fair point, but let me clarify: The mercenary or pet goes into battle stance (draws weapon, facial animations, etc)....but simply stands in place waiting on a cooldown. If I facetank a creature, they rush to my aid, unless their cooldown is close to completion (in which case they'll do the stand-and-stare-angrily thing).
  4. Hateborne Member

This is a great example of what happens. Notice the health bar on the epic creature. I've been casting from across the room and the mercenary has been taunting, but no attacks or distance closing.

[IMG]

This should've been posted here instead of my other thread. Apologies again!