Petamorph Wand Illusions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guelphldy, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Guelphldy New Member

I love the petamorph wands, giving the option to change your pets looks is a great idea and works wonderfully if your pet isn't say a Defiler/Mystic pet. The problem is if your a defiler/mystic is that your pet is a set size which is small. Than you use the petamorph wand your pet becomes small. I'd post a picture here to give a visual on just how bad it is but for whatever reason the post won't allow me to do so. Just ask any defiler to use a petamorph wand and you'll see the pet go to flea sized.
    Though this might work for say a necromancer/conjy or beastlord, with the petamorph wand scaling as it does with the pet a defiler/mystic will be forever cursed to a flea sized pet if they use the wand because the defiler/mystic pet never gets any larger than it is.
    Though the wand works wonderfully, its not all that fun with a pet the size of a flea. I think they should fix this so that the petamorph wands have a standard size, same size as one in the wild for example. This way the pets would all be while under the illusion spell the same size and no more tiny, micro flea pets for defiler/mystic who use the petamorph wands.
    I love the Gold monkey illusion on my defiler pet just wish he'd be as big as the wild monkeys that look the same in the sinking sands. With the illusion spell active the defier pet, in monkey illusion, is about half or less than, of the monkey found on the Sinking Sands docks.
    So maybe just maybe could the dev team address this "tiny" issue? Make my monkey bigger? You do it for the Beastlord with standard sizes for the pets...
  2. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think it might be illegal to make your monkey bigger.
    Lizabethan likes this.
  3. Irving Member

Wow, talk about scope creep ...
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

OP does have a point. Here's the petamorphed mystic pet I happened to see yesterday:
    [IMG]

(Somehow I don't think "make my dragon bigger!" is going to fare any better, though.)
    Irving and VeilShard like this.
  5. VeilShard Active Member

The level 75 necromancer drachnid grim sorcerer pet also gets very tiny when a petamorph want is used on it, just that one tier though I believe
  6. Tetrol Well-Known Member

I use a cow petamorph on my Mystic and it is a bit small, but nothing like that. The best thing about it is no more barking!
  7. Emissary Vex Active Member

Also it would be nice if we didnt need to recast the wand every 2 hours
    Tylia likes this.
  8. Tylia Well-Known Member

Here is the pink dragon petmorph applied to my mystic's dog. The size is not abnormally small at all. And like a previous poster stated, no more constant annoying barking!

[IMG]
  9. Egala New Member

It would be really nice if the wand could be used on mercs also...
  10. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Reason why sometimes things are as tiny as the pink dragon in the one pic a few posts before that is the level of the character. An early level conjuror for example will have extremely teeny illusions for their pets. LOL, one of my current low level conjurors named her pet "Teeny Tiny" when using the ice wyrm illusion wand. Once getting to around level 16, the size will get more normal.

On that picture posted a few posts above, are you SURE that the character did not shrink his/her pet? I know that my husband used a cow petamorph wand from the start with his mystic, and I don't rememember it ever being that tiny.

The game can be odd sometimes when using petamorph wands. Try one on a charmed snake sometime. The size of the illusion is based on the length of the snake. So you get a VERY big illusion LOL.