Pet nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, May 9, 2016.

1. Jerpa Member

So can we get an explanation to exactly what have been changed with dumbfires then Gninja?
  2. Gninja Developer

Basically, your dumbfires will gain the benefit of any buffs your group normally would aside from stuff that generates procs like VC, etc. So if the buff gives potency, the dumbfire will get use of that potency. If the buff procs umpteen bazillian damage on every hit they will not get use of that.
  3. emufrombeyond Member

@Gninja That kind of makes sense that the dumbfires get where getting the casters resolve and not the rw ones, would leave them with my solo resolve of 120-150 so they would be doing 100 percent less damage to the raid mobs with 250 resolve. Glad they are getting group buffs and esp. bard's fervor temp ability, (not to mention furious barrage wrists etc). Not saying I agree with nerfing the base damage on them but from what it seems like the overall damage should be much higher. Excited to see the changes in play. Really really want to go to zek and see what our raid numbers are like now (our top two parses are summoners, me on conj and a necro). Very thankful that the swarms not hitting the gu100 raid mobs for lack of resolve was fixed in a timely manner. And thank you for taking the time to explain the changes Gninja
  4. Jerpa Member

So all fervorbuffs now share with dumbfires aswell? And tbh we have always been told that dumbfires have been sharing the same potency as the caster, so this havent been true then?
  5. Gninja Developer

They shared the potency of the caster but not the spells that applied to groupmates.
  6. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

You all do awesome work btw.. just sayin;)
    Prissetta likes this.
  7. Skulls Member

First I would like to say swarm pets are only up for 6 or 8 seconds on a conjuror, this is six seconds of every 30 sec and 8 seconds of every 1 minute recast timers. For that short little window the swarm pets only attack 2 or 3 swings of damage, I don't think allowing them to proc group damage procs would be overpowered, it would be a very tiny amount of damage. But either way dev says they will not proc group damage buffs.

I can say I spent a couple hours this morning testing the swarm pets soloing and swarms do less damage when soloing, I am still waiting to do more tests in group setups and tonight in raid. If Devs are concerned with balance, by giving us this nerf, when will we see the reduction to the beastlord and the Illusionist prismatic shock damage these are the real problems in the game that need adjusting? Both above are way out of balance and do way too much damage. Nerfing these tiny things when theres HUGE elephants in the room................................ we need more common sense with mechanics and class balance.
  8. Twisty Well-Known Member

@gninja

since we can't check these values in game, can you please level with us regarding what % of gains you estimated a summoner gets from group/raid buffs that you used to counter-balance-nerf the base dmg of dumbfire abilities?

I'm just curious what your simulated estimates are. if you give us the details of what you did, we can help you validate whether its accomplishing its intended effect.

Let's also please clearly lay out on the table the intention. True or false: after this change the net dps of dumbfires in (near-full) raid should stay the same as previously?
  9. Mrmacky Active Member

Everyone has the same issue with trying to time abilities with the myth hammer buff, there's no way for it to be perfect lol. It's part of playing this game you figure out what way to best dps regardless. I always have and I'm super awesome. Be super awesome like me I dare you. Also since kander turned me down gninja will you heartbound with me

Edit: I'm just glad the fix went in at all so I didn't log in to get in the welfare dps soup line
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

Which makes sense. Making that change would have been the part that would have been frustrating the most. Dumbfire pets procing things like VC and other temps would have been absurdly overpowering. Not only that, it would have probably generated a lot of lag, kind of like elemental toxicity did before its change, but then add that on to upwards of 30+ dumbfires, lasting anywhere from 6 to 30 seconds, procing many abilities constantly, it would not have been a pretty sight.
    Beee likes this.
  11. Beee Well-Known Member

let's test tomorrow after the patch hits Thurgadin and hope the best :)

BTW: Hope somhow the own Fervor has an influence
  12. Genghes Active Member

How do you get that head through our guild hall door? Lol
  13. Rondo9 Active Member

Another change that created more imbalances!
  14. Sylke Well-Known Member

Huh?
  15. Anunnaki Active Member

Dumbfires proc'ing things would be so insanely OP I don't even know where to start about that. We don't really need to go down the path of asking for fluff dps bumps, we are in a good position now. We FINALLY got a fix for an issue we have been looking at for a *long* time. Shout out to the people who actually put forward the effort to fix this.

I just hope that this is an all encompassing fix to dumbfires and primary pets so that things will continue to function in this manner going forward. I would hate to have to beg for this exact fix the next time they introduce a new stat.
  16. Montag Well-Known Member

Summoner dps is way buffed since this patch. Be quiet before you get it nerfed. :)