Pet nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Thand, May 9, 2016.

1. Thand Well-Known Member

From new Coming Patch
    >Dumbfire pets will now benefit from group buffs, including resolve buffs. Many dumbfire pets have had their abilities adjusted down to compensate for the increased stats.
    Seriously? So for the average group Dumbfire pets with be doing Less Damage? Are they balanced assuming Every group has the resolve neck am Max Raid buffs?
    Also this will likely kill Solo or Duo Dps.
    All Necros and Conjs asked for was to be able to receive the same dps Boast from buffs as Other classes. Instead they Nerf the Base damage or some of our most powerful Spells So we will do the same or Less as we did before.
    Prissetta likes this.
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

I bet they still don't fervor share either. It says most dumbfires though, not all. Hopefully they did not destroy our dumbfires.
  3. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Spot on in the above post. I read it as a dps nerf to summoner in grps/solo and not sure in raids , guess we will see after the update if some one really doesn't like us summoners much on the amounts of damage reduced.
  4. Veta Well-Known Member

If it was to nerf solo/duo potential then the devs clearly do not understand why summoners are able to solo well.
  5. Azeren Member

"Dumbfire pets will now benefit from group buffs, including resolve buffs. Many dumbfire pets have had their abilities adjusted down to compensate for the increased stats."

It's worth seeing/testing which other "group buffs" the pets will now benefit from though, assuming they aren't talking only about the resolve buffs.
  6. Caith Developer

All of them. Previous to this change, and since 2008, Dumbfire pets did not benefit from any group buff.
    Anunnaki, Kuulei and Azeren like this.
  7. Enigma Active Member

How much of a nerf are we looking at for the dumbfire pets? Because this can serious nerf our solo/duo/even group dps.
  8. Noobless Member

It feels like another kick in nuts pets can't proc pets arnt getting fervor and now pets going to be less damaging
  9. Ashandra Well-Known Member

This isn't a case of summoners being op on the TLE server so nerf us all is it?

got a bad feeling over this.... we aren't gaining a lot of things at the same rate fervor wise as is.
  10. Noobtroub Member

fast question on this with them benefiting from grp buffs does this includ group damage procs such as VC / PoM or is that still a no no?
  11. Noobless Member

I imagine they won't be adding process damage back unless they reverting to old changes in that respect
  12. sycla Active Member

guess it would depend on the amount they nerfed the pets...but what are these group buffs which would make them OP without the nerf?
    So can we assume fervor buffs from chanter/swash would apply as well as the heartbound fervor. I think they got tired of necros soloing heroics in tle.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

I read that to and cringed... Has anyone tested it yet?
  14. Sylke Well-Known Member

I only tested with Aqueous Swarm, but saw no damage decrease and a minimal (~500k) damage increase with 11 Fervor.
  15. emufrombeyond Member

While I am glad that this potentially means that the dumbfires will do damage against gu100 raid mobs, it still doesn't say that the dumbfires are being given the resolve of the caster (ie. they are getting raid resolve buffs and that is going to be their total resolve). Am I correct about this? It's been annoying to not have the dumbfires get the heartbound buff, and super annoying that they are doing 0 damage in new content.
    I really think that the pets should just be given fervor and resolve stats that share along side the summoner. Instead it seems like we are getting a semi fix (if they just get the raid resolve buffs and not resolve from our gear they will never be able to hit for a full amount against any raid mob in gu100) and a nerf on top of that. But I will be happy to have roaring flames proccing planar wrac (also would be amazing if they are proccing group buffs, fae fires and vc being at the top) again in Zek but and this seems like bad news but I'll have to wait and see how it is tonight's raid before I can say too much.
    Ragna likes this.
  16. emufrombeyond Member

Getting the swarms to benfit from group buffs is very nice, but esp. for summoners having 100 percent resolve share is entirely necessary, if they are just getting the raid buffs for resolve I would like to know, as yes they will be doing some damage in gu100 but with only how much resolve they get from buffs so I would expect 100-150 percent less damage hit from what they would hit on a a regular raid mob w/o resolve, and this is before any base damage nerf comes into play. Really want to know if that is the case.
  17. Gninja Developer

Pets were always getting the resolve of the caster just not the resolve from your groupmates. They only got the resolve the caster had from items.
    emufrombeyond likes this.
  18. Noobless Member

will we be right in thinking when u say group buffs u dont mean procs like POTM and VC etc?
  19. Strac Active Member

First off, the patch is for dumbfire pets. not main pets.

Second off, pets and especially dumbfire pets procing grp buffs/temps would be insanely overpowered ! Imagine bard casting VC or Fury Fae fire (with class cloak) and summoners then casting all their dumbfire pets ( necro undead horde..lol) and each pet would trigger a concerto/fae fire hit on every attack !
    Summoners, especially necros would be by far the top parsing classes in that case.
  20. Therein Active Member

They are not proccing group effects actually.