Pet attack toggle macro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-DaeXyn, Nov 16, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-DaeXyn Guest

Hi. I can't figure out how to make a macro which will send my pet in on the first press, then recall him on the second press and retain his Protect Me/Self and Follow/Stay options.
    Ideally, I'd like it to be smart enough so that if he's already attacking something, I can target something else and just hit the macro again and he'll switch to my new target and continue attacking. That way I can cycle him across multiple targets to help him keep hate, or pick up an add, without him having to return to me and then go back in.
    But a simple toggle would be a huge upgrade in my control over him. I hate clicking.

Thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-StPatrick Guest

I think what you are trying to achieve is not possible, at least not with macros. Maybe there is some custome interface that can do it for you, but I don't think so either. At least not the way you have described - there is no way for interface "guessing" what do you want to do on second click - send pet back or hit new target? And if another mob has taunted your pet and you want to get him back to initial target? Or you have different mob selected but want to call your pet back? Or just like you said, you want him to take over the next target? Its much easier for both, interface and human, to work with 2 different buttons - Send and Back.
    I personally don't find anything bad in having 2 buttons on my 3rd hotbar, so just pressing Ctrl+1 or Ctrl+2 to Send or Send back when needed. Also, pressing Send on different target will make pet to fight on that target, you do not need to invent anything, it works just the way it is :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

ProfitUI's pet window does have a specific button that combines /pet attack with "protect self" and"protect master". You can't use it from your hotbar though.
    Hitting Pet Back Off will turn off the Protect settings. This is by design. That said, you CAN macro a command to back off your pet while keeping the protection states active:
    /pet backoff
    /pet preserve_self
    /pet preserve_master
    Do use caution with such macros, as there ARE times that you want the protect states completely turned off at all times (like on Raids).
    You cannot macro /pet attack with the preserve states, as the /pet commands are toggles and hitting a /pet attack macro with the preserve commands will continuously toggle them on and off. It only works with the /pet backoff command.
    Besides that, hitting /pet attack overrides the protect states altogether; the pet will fight whatever you tell it to fight until that target is dead. Only then will it obey its hate list.
  4. ARCHIVED-gm9 Guest

Xalmat wrote:
    Indeed, but you can macro a backoff first to get to a known state. This is what the ProfitUI button you mentioned does:
    /pet backoff
    /pet preserve_master
    /pet preserve_self
    /pet attack
    And yes that button is only for soloing or maybe groups.
    Regarding the OP, toggles can be realized in ingame macros via the /load_hotkeys command. With that you can tell your macro to load a different macro into that button (or rather the entire hotkey bank) so next time you hit it the other macro will run instead. The other macro will again /load_hotkeys the original one so they toggle back and forth.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

gm9 wrote:
    Good to know.