Permafrost Guide Events Question

Discussion in 'Guide Events' started by ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime, Oct 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

I am on Permafrost and I have been wanting to do the guide quest Kael or be Kael'ed but I have not seen anything on the Calendar nor in the Guide events section of the forum. Can someone tell me if this quest is still being offered and when and where can we see upcoming guide events.?
  2. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

I'm sorry you appear to have been unlucky and not seen any of those Coldain Dwarves who issue their challenge. I know they have been around in fact they were last sighted around 6:40am (Pacific time) today (10/05/2012)! Sadly they're a little bit elusive so if you check the chat chanel 1-9 you might have a chance of catching one of them.
    If I do get hear about them being out and about in time to tell you, Ill be sure someone leaves a message on the Hot Gossip from the Coolest Server - Permafrost :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Johnnyteatime Guest

Thanks, I really want to do this quest it would be nice if guides could post upcoming events they hold on the calendar. Do the messages appear in yellow or just regular chat color?
  4. ARCHIVED-Baydeena Guest

The colors of the messages are either the default or set by the user. Whatever you have your chat 1-9 set on is how all guide messages will appear. We have no dedicated chat channel and as chat 1-9 tends to be universally used by players of all levels, that is the one we use. A lot of times it's just good luck that you see a slightly cryptic message pop up in chat.
    It might be something as simple as "I'm trying to make a fruit salad but can't find any Jumjum, could you meet me on the Thundering Steppes dock to help me out". The message is not from "a guide" but from "the character" who needs your help and as such the character wont respond to any tells. The best thing is to just pop in and check it out. I hope this helps.