Percussion of Stone - worth a conc. slot?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-EQ_Irving, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

ps; for raiding you have to 100 % certainly scribe it. That 1 % becomes more when you apply the % multipliers you get in MT group.
  2. ARCHIVED-sassafras Guest

Percussion of Stone is a buff I always have up, unless I have two healers in my group. And depending on where I am headed, I sometimes keep it up even then.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shadowinajar Guest

PoS is always good to have, but as a bard i think i would adapt
    according to the situation.
    Is one healer enough and the tank is doing fine, switch to
    offensive buffs.Is the enemy orange/yellow con get up your weapon skill song etc,
    Poison/disease damage then drop POS for our disease mit yaya
    :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Belaythien Guest

TheSummoned wrote:
    Is this just another random rumour or is there a Dev posting stating this? Preferrably a post that is not as old as the discarded "no new AAs" and "spell consolidation" rumours ;)
  5. ARCHIVED-firza Guest

not many people can confirm, or will state anything due to beta atm. But yes, this has been stated by dev's.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jeepned2 Guest

About the only time I don't have PoS up is when I'm in the dps group. (which unfortunately is near often enough). But since I'm normally in the MT or ST group, it is almost critical to have up. If you have a chat window up that shows what it's doing, look at some of the huge hits it saves the group from.
  7. ARCHIVED-Gmelchor Guest

Nice change for us dirges:

The self buff will not need a conc slot when RoK goes life, so we can use one buff more all the time

I also got PoS on M1, will try it next time in Raid, never used it before.

/edit: i saw that this spell is only on ad3, but will test it in the raid today ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-hobbes Guest

well pos didnt upgrade so i hope you didnt sell it
  9. ARCHIVED-Sealody Guest

It didn't matter. Guildie wins a M1 PoS. He offered it to me free of charge. I scribed it ASAP. I was using A3, so even that 1% increase, it was definally worth it. Especially since that spell wasn't upgraded. That spell is up and active ALL the TIME. If I was to loose all but one of my severally limited concentration slots, that would be the spell I keep in it.
  10. ARCHIVED-LightDreamer Guest

When soloing POS is always up. When grouping or raiding I usually have all offensive buffs up. Really depends on group make up, the content you are facing; and knowing when to change songs in mid battle. If the tank is spiking POS goes up. If the healers are getting stunned/stiffled POS goes up. If healers start to run low on mana, power regen goes up (MT Coercer usually has their mana regen buff - so I don't run mine). Now as far as that M1 POS ... I would have scribed it the moment it touched my hands ... lol
  11. ARCHIVED-Lardicoz Guest

aloevita wrote:
    In your bag right now, you have one of the most valuable masters in this game.
    Percussion of stone is an absolutely vital master for anyone planning to take raiding seriously, it is a Tier 6 master that is not upgraded in later tiers, and as the majority of people farming masters now grey out the content that drops it, the result is that it is worth a fortune when it does show up. in particular i have seen some hardcore dirges offering hundreds of plat for it.
    so its up to you, if you plan to raid then i would say absolutely yes you should scribe it, you will almost certainly never ever see it again. Alternatively sell it for a bucket load of plat, however i personally think you would be a bit foolish to do so ;)