Perah'Celsis and Torrent

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Toyiah, May 21, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Toyiah Guest

Our raid force is facing Perah'Celsis and we are told to cast no AE's, no AOE's, not even AE debuffs (in my case Vacuum Field) AND we are told to take off any items that proc AE's (in my case my Drape of Divine Equilibrium with Torrent II proc).
    Now, it's not easy, or even downright impossible to deliver decent dps in this fashion, however, I try my best.
    But I DO hate taking off the robe with the nice proc. My question, is it really and truly imperative to take off the robe?
    Thanks on beforehand for any info.
    Fayberry, little lockie on Runnyeye
  2. ARCHIVED-sephris Guest

Straight off the bat, what your guildies/raid leader/whoever's in charge is telling you to do is absolutely ridiculous as far as no aoe's/ae's/removing your gear. Quite possibly the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard in all honesty. Thought the reasoning behind their demands ring SOME truth to them, they're taking it a bit far. The main reason on that fight you wouldn’t want to aoe/AE/proc etc etc is because if one of your guild mates gets charmed by perah, your AE/etc spells will be hitting them as well along with the named since hey! They’re now part of his encounter.
    Now I haven’t pulled perah since we first killed him, and it was once but i really only remember their being 1 large add after the port. If I’m remembering correctly then the solution to this is simple. Imo not only should you NOT be swapping out your robe/any of your gear but also have your myth buff set to single target for your green spells. From there tell your healers; if they can’t heal through your dmg procs and maybe dmg from cataclysm/Blast of Dev/Netherrealm procs now and then on a charmed target.. They should reroll something easy.. like an sk!
    Hope this helps!
  3. ARCHIVED-Raster Guest

Well whatever you do.... Do not cast Dark Aggrivation!
    Seems to work better on players than mobs :p
    And don't forget to switch your greens to single (myth clicky), especially if you die & are revived. While charmed casting your greens on MT group can lead to a raid wipe.
  4. ARCHIVED-ajrm000 Guest

Ceirios@Runnyeye wrote:
    the answer is no, you dont have to take off the robe, my main is a warlock, and when figting perah celsis, even when someone is charmed, i can still use all my aoes including absolution and apocopypse and the charmed person wont die so im sure a small proc like torrent wont kill them let alone even touch them hehe.