People can't do ethereal runs on a dead server..

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Twinbladed, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Seriously, Antonia Bayle is dead, there is only one hot time, and thats usually when raids are about to start, people can't find tanks and healers to save their life. Early in the morning work time, there is a few euro's on who have been waiting for everyone else to wake up to do zones, but the rest of the world has a job, and can't jump into the commitment. A lot of run literally been staying up til 2 am to get our groups rolling, then waking back up 4 hours later. I know you guys just want our money, but people are not going to pay for being offered nothing.
    Borracho likes this.
  2. Ratza Well-Known Member

One major fail with this Eth event is the need to run 4 zones to get your daily coins instead of them giving 8 coins to run 1 and maybe a bonus if you finish the weekly.

I know a lots of players who are struggling to get 4 zones in each day...in fact many of my guildies have given up on getting their done each day....and yes...the peek times are not even successful in many cases because if you are a raider you need to raid and when how do you fit in 1+ hours to run 4 zones each day.

This has been a poorly thought out Eth event....:(....and the rare chance for a drop is way too rare too which only adds to the frustration many are feeling as we approach 1/2 point of this event.
    Kittybock and Agarth like this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Agree with requiring 4 zones every day to be a mistake. Should've stuck to last year's system.
    Ratza, Agarth and Azian like this.
  4. Cirvandal Active Member

it is also BiS gear so either server transfer, cry for a merge or deal with it! :)
    Anjel likes this.
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate to be in a position to get these done with guildies quickly each day but even so it's a bit obnoxious. I also liked last years system much more with the structure of how to earn coins, frequency of random drops, and the ability to trade any random drops in for coins. That last of those issues is largely negated by the lack of drops with this event I suppose. I don't necessarily consider that a good thing of course.
  6. Conifur Well-Known Member

So is PG and it is not hard. Matter of fact most is not hard.
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

running 4 experts takes like an hour. if you're waiting for a perfect group with a tank, bard, illy, healer, and two dps its not gonna happen on off hours. toss together what you can, and run'em...if you're bad it'll take two hours instead of one
    Anjel likes this.
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

Can easily take an hour to "toss together what you can", and guaranteed it'll be "bad", so looking at minimum 3hrs to run them. Sure must be nice to have that kind of free time every evening.
    Borracho likes this.
  9. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Roll a toon on Isle of Refuge... you'll know what dead means.
  10. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

No need to roll a toon anywhere, they just need to merge the servers, the game is almost dead anyways, just merge them stop milking for money
    Meneltel, Borracho, Cirvandal and 2 others like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Plenty of people on FG.
  12. Xakrein Well-Known Member

IoR is much worse than AB, and not because of population. IoR has a small handful of people who would try convincing anyone who listens that IoR is the best thing since sliced bread, and a small handful who think the IoR ruleset should be forced upon the entire game.

I feel bad for the state of AB and hope they are merged with one of the big 3.
  13. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I hear ya. I spent more than a few bucks moving toons TO AB since at the time - it was a hoppin server. 18 months later / free transfer tokens / merges ... and now this. I moved a couple to IoR, and rolled a couple more rather than just quitting the game wholesale - I do enjoy it there though. If I'm left to play on yet another ghost town server, heck I might as well have free fast travel....

Merging would be super fun right up until the server lag and instability would rear its ugly head....
  14. Cirvandal Active Member

I can almost solo experts as a brig, not hard at all. Aside from that I duo mass pull experts with my SK friend (shout out to Kielex, my bad BAD apprentice, but then bad in a really good way). Your definition of hard and easy differs from mine.
  15. Ratza Well-Known Member

The issue is not waiting for the perfect group....I've been in groups with no tank....or limited dps....or both. People are trying to do what they can to get their coin...but when you put together a group and one person has already ran x zone and another person has run y zone and so on...it's difficult to get your 4 zones completed...especially without an ideal group to run the non-event experts ...the events are the quickest and that is what people want to do because you need 4 of them in total!
    Kittybock likes this.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

Putting out the FG server at all was a mistake, but doing it during summer ethereals is just bad planning. I'd imagine there is a reason they don't put out TLE servers at the beginning of an expac, TLE servers are designed to get 2-3 months of cash explosion for the nostalgia. Then it wears off and people go back to their main characters or go back to not playing the game again. (There is a reason that they don't remove the marketplace or Krono sales from these servers)

Just like Race to Trakanon, it's just a gimmick, and just like Race to Trakanon, all it does it ruin main server population and causes people who don't participate to stop logging into the main servers, thus causing people to quit the game for not being able to find groups for summer ethereals because the game looks like it's dying even faster than it already is, thus causing the game to die faster than it already is.

It's a vicious cycle.
    Toxify, Juraiya and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I loved last year's Eth event! This year, not so much. We have guildies that can do expert zones, but getting them on at same time can't always happen. It's called RL ;) Running them thru experts then leaves those that can't do experts yet behind. I run folks through the reg Heroics, as we generally always have folks on that can do those, but their chances of getting enough coins to buy something worthwhile are between slim and none.
    I started knocking out old raid zones for fun, to get the Guild Achievements instead of focusing on the Eth stuff.

Yeah, yeah, folks in big raid guilds will say Experts are faceroll easy, but they are not for everyone.

Just my 2c
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate gutted IoR. It was a pretty active server up to that point.

Gotta wonder though at the success of FG? Do people dislike the new content / mechanics so much that they would rather re-run old content (at a much reduced xp gain) over and over?
    Kittybock likes this.
  19. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I don't know if its a matter of dislike. I think its more frustration...
    Just take a look at Epic 2.0 pre-reqs
    Level 100 crafting etc..
    All the old sig lines..etc
    Ethereals in Expert zones..

its a huge mountain of stuff to overcome just to remain relevant in the endgame... for a normal playstyle, that would equate to at least 3 months of doing nothing but catching up...

So the path of least resistance is heading to Fallen Gate (or whatever specialty server of the month is). Going to a server such as that levels the proverbial playing field and doesn't sideline me for months - I can jump right into content and group with like-geared players. And when the nostalgia wears off and I get bored... I just quit. /shrug

That's the choices as I see it. As a new player - join a live server and immediately be months and months behind (at the bottom of the pile) - or join a "new" TLE server, and be able to jump right in... for some, the choice is clear.
  20. Castegyre Well-Known Member

Eh, just switch servers, look for a better guild, don't play on those certain days, pick a better time to play, it's the summer before the xpac after the event before the event during an event between and almost to the holidays, school is just starting so what do you expect?... it's clearly your fault.
    Tekka likes this.