Peculiar Medallions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Menko, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Menko Member

Any plans to make these currency heirloom instead of no trade?
    this use to be done in the past no idea if its something eq2 stopped doing but it would be very awesome.

thank you
    Wolvelf and Trilly like this.
  2. Trilly Active Member

I guess this is a NO ? I have sooooo many unused currency from past expacs and special events...there NEEDS to be a place to convert them! I have a number of char with extra Peculiar medallions...are they doomed to sit in their individual banks forever?? Combined I could probably buy something from the merchant in Wracklands!
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

Those the currency from last years ethereal event? Kander has stated many times that they would not become heirloom. No maybe about it. Sucks, but he is the lead developer and has his reasons (which he doesn't share with us), no matter how much they suck. On the other hand, rulings do change...sometimes (for better or worse).

Personally, I think everything that is not openly tradable should be heirloom, or in the case of currency, server wide. The no-trade tag should be only for certain quest related items. But what do I know, I am only a player (for 18+ years)? We can only play one character per account at a time, which makes them all just aspects of a single mega-character, so everything* should be tradable (via the shared bank slots).
  4. Trilly Active Member

I SO agree with you. They made so many things Heirloom this expac that I would think they could include currency from events. All of my characters, and I have 17, have unused currency sitting in their banks from participating in events because they individually could not or did not accumulate enough solo to use up...Perhaps if I only had one or two char that would not be a problem but I like to try the events with as many as I can...and...then the waste..Please Kander rethink this!! Or, if you are going to open the even again this summer..OK..another chance to clear some of my excess out by adding to it to buy stuff!
  5. Trilly Active Member

Or...even if you could make the Yellow shards used to upgrade the items Heirloom? At least the char who don't have enough coins or status to buy the equipment, could spend their coins for shards that would be shareable with their other char for upgrading what they managed to get before it all closed down??
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

If you leveled all 3 items on one character, you can level items on other toons on the account. That's my understanding of the reason they didn't make the medallions heirloom. Since the number required was vastly lowered. I sort of get it, but you still run into the problem of having a lot of spare coins on one toon, and an alt you start playing around with after the event ends.
  7. Malahk Active Member

I'd like to see this also. Trying to gear up a new main since my Beastlord is still nerfed to healer level DPS.
    Hechada likes this.
  8. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

i'm gonna +1 this. and especially shocked that they aren't even heirloom on the Free Trade servers (isle of refuge and rivervale)

i'm sorry, but i don't see the harm in allowing us to attain this stuff a bit faster for alts, by moving them around between our toons on the same account.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

Is there a way to get Peculiar Medallions anymore? Kind of useless to be able to level the items up on alts if the alts can't earn the medallions to get the gear to begin with??
  10. randomplayer Member

Also it appears you need the peculiars to buy the spell upgrades to your Sol Eye spell which, if you didnt kill scald, was given to you with the new expansion but no way to level it.

Editing to add - also note you can't see the upgrades even, so if you have yet to kill scald, there is zero way to level this spell. And if you have, you need peculiar medallions which are not available.
  11. Thunderfrog New Member

You can level the Sol spell.
  12. Jinksie Well-Known Member

I believe you can still level it the "old school" way by researching the spell.