Peacock club

Discussion in 'History and Lore 2' started by Bootlee, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Bootlee New Member

Hello all,

I used to post alot and help decode lots of lore on the old Sony ran fourms. I went under the name Boog. I remember a monk from butcherblock that used to always have amazing information name started with a C I think...anyways
    I recently came back from a 4 year break.
    One place I was hoping to see bits of riddle and lore would be the good ole peacock club. I wish the devs would have added some more players (NPC) of world events into the club. The Devs should start to use the club more often or atleast one more time for a quest.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I feel ridiculously honored that you thought back to me. I returned to the game last October after 8 years, myself.

The Peacock Club was an awesome concept. If you take the Idol of Mortael in there, you'll see a tiny Vhalen dancing away on the shelf.. sadly that's where the involvement with the Peacock Club ends. There is a dwarf in there who talks about the Black Sun Sea, a massive ocean found deep underground-- The Terror of Thalumbra expansion explored this vast underground area the dwarf spoke of. Kander has done an amazing job with keeping the lore going and following the notes and characters and storylines that Vhalen left behind (he mentioned having this gigantic onmibus of notes.

Welcome back!
  3. Bootlee New Member

Heya!!! Yep was 100% you I was reffer to!
    Thanks for the welcome back. And welcome back to Norrath also.
    I tried contacting Vhalen on Twitter awhile back. He was my lore making Hero. I hope to share and hear more about lore on this forum more often. I love being back!!
    Schmetterling likes this.
  4. Wulfen Active Member

Thank you Cusashorn / Ouka (as we know you on Maj'Dul server)... you have dropped me a clue I missed when I was doing the Peacock Timeline. I'll have my Main go check that out.
    We've lost some good Loremasters over the years. Live on, Cusashorn!
    WhysperWynde and Breanna like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Vhalen tasked me with finding the Idol of Mor'Tael. Gave me a PM saying "Hey can you go check this out?" and asked me to drop the hint to the rest of the game. I just wish that EQ2I still had the data that proved that I'm the one who discovered it.

There are a couple of easter eggs you can find by carrying it on you-- namely by finding Vhalen's goodbye message at his bell tower, and triggering a one-time-only conversation with Rikantus Everling's personalities in Antonica and Maj'Dul.
  6. Bootlee New Member

That's awesome Tony is an amazing person. And yeah super peeved about all my lost Discos. I had every part of Cazic Thule deity discovered. Using some help by you with answered questions.
    Maybe I'll check you in Norrath one day!
    WhysperWynde likes this.
  7. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

OK think I'm confused here .. is Vhalen a EQ2 NPC like in Vhalen's Tower in Antonica ? or is he a Dev on the EQ2 team? or both? And who is Tony? I see Vhalen mentioned several times as if he is a real person but then also like he's a game NPC. Confusing!
  8. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

Schmetterling likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

He was a dev.

There are a lot of things like that in game.
    Potions, spells, songs, crafted items etc named after real people with their in game name/ community name. Places & NPCs as well. Niami has at least 1 thing I can think of (Denmother's trail mix).
    The wandering guards in the Peat Bog are named after some folks for example. (Moorgard & Blackguard were the dev's handles).
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea devs and other persons like the Myth Hunters are gnomes in Gnomland Security .
    I loved when they honored Marten Python and we had to deal with the killer Bunnies . Fun little events
    I think this is a neat way to immortalize people , I don't think any other game takes it this far , you might find a name in the credits , but places and characters in game I think that's just cool .
    Finora likes this.
  11. Ibukia Member

I enjoy the little homages to real world stuff. All the disks corral stuff was really fun. Just started the new ts line and the name McGillicuddy made me think it might be a lil nod to opie and anthony. Might be a stretch. They used to use that name for alot of bits and made up characters and Anthony loved eq. You can listen to the rest of them roasting him on YouTube. Its hilarious. Especially when he gets kicked out of his guild.