pc busted! Anyone willing to help a little!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by star_fv, Jan 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. star_fv New Member

Hey guys, I know this is not the best thing to do and may make me look bad but I need some help, posted on guild and they can help some. Sorry if I offend anyone posting this just desperate!My computer fried the other night and now I'm so screwed!

https://www.gofundme.com/MissBox/donate
  2. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone on here will be offended or anything that you posted this.

I wish you luck in getting a new PC! I dunno what I would do if my PC just up and died :confused:
  3. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Imagine everyone doing posts like these on the forum.
  4. santargria Well-Known Member

I know what I would do - get a job and buy a new one ;)
  5. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Hard to when you are on disability and make crap for money. There are reasons people may be unable to work, thats not always a simple solution.
    suka and Leloes like this.
  6. santargria Well-Known Member

That may be so, but if one is on disability then there are alternatives and one should not be living beyond ones means - and if you look at the ops fund page doesn't look like they're disabled - does it?
  7. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Hmm, how does one *look* disabled? I have autism, I look perfectly normal on the outside. You can't just assume peoples living conditions.
    suka likes this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear your CPU fried, however asking $1500, which will build an incredibly powerful system with SSD, 2TB storage, 12GB of RAM, i7 CPU, powerful video card, new monitor, new keyboard and mouse, goes a little beyond the point of "help, my computer is broken".

I do wish you good luck in your endeavor and that your guildies will chip in. Don't feel bad if you fall short as with $650, you can go for an i7 CPU, brand new video card, great motherboard, and 12GB of RAM. Personally I couldn't see myself posting such an appeal unless I intend to use it to create videos or something creative that requires all that horsepower. Just my opinion of course.
    suka and Tahuti like this.
  9. Leloes Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this person does but having a mental illness has no look to it. As far as living beyond ones means. I guess you'd consider me living beyond my. I'm buying a computer but I'm making payments which will make it cost a lot more than if I bought it for cash I'd pay a whole lot less. Name some alternatives. You should never judge a person until you've walked in their shoes.
  10. SOE-MOD-02 Member

Please keep posts constructive and respectful on these forums. Good luck!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.