Patchcraft Achievements

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Valgraveson, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Valgraveson Member

Just curious how far other people have made it with the Patchcraft destroying achievements? Does the 10,000 even seem do-able within the two weeks of the live event?

I'm at 500 so far and that has required many hours.

Post your total and maybe one of us will make it.

Valgrave
  2. Charlice Well-Known Member

100 so far.

A big WOW to your 500!
    Xillean likes this.
  3. Daray Well-Known Member

3041 so far.

Figured if I aim for 1k/day, I'll get it done with some time to spare.
    Xillean likes this.
  4. Ucala Well-Known Member

having started it just this year, I am only at 44 :p haven't really been trying though, there is still like 2 weeks to go, I -think- I can make my 10k by that time
  5. Valgraveson Member

Daray, over 3,000? Wow, any strategies to share? :)

Valgrave
  6. Daray Well-Known Member

Find a friend or two and share the workload.
  7. floofloobunny Active Member

I was wondering how to get them to spawn more. Seems that it only spawns in one area at a time and the respawn takes awhile. Took me a long time going from site to site just to get 25 kills.
  8. Daray Well-Known Member

Each spawn shares multiple spawn locations. The respawn time once activated is pretty low (1 to 2 minutes) - it's just a matter of finding the location.

Goes back to what I said above though - cooperation between players (group credit if close enough) is typically more productive than individually fighting over spawns - plus it gives you the opportunity to share the workload if you can find friends prepared to invest the time.
  9. Valgraveson Member

Hehe at best, I've done with a partner is 50 spawns an hour which is 100 mobs/hour.

At that rate, under perfect conditions, it comes to 100 hours of mind numbing work. Again, under best situation with no competition. Ow, my head.

Valgrave
  10. Ucala Well-Known Member

TD is -probably- the best spot for it, 4/5 of the possible spawn locations are all right next to each other basically, I am up to 100 now, and that was with me afking for an hour to watch walking dead
    Charlice likes this.
  11. Valgraveson Member

Oh Great Bristlebane....please allow us to sacrifice 5,000 Fools Gold to you in exchange for 5,000 achievement kills!
  12. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

Maybe for April 1st only?
  13. Ucala Well-Known Member

without any competition really I was Always doing 10 kills in 10 min, sometimes more around 14 or so, but always kept it at a rate of 10/10. so that's 60 in an hour. it's not too bad of a rate, but still quite a long way to go :p
  14. GabenBison Active Member

I hope this turns out to be one big joke at the end of the Live Event because these achievements are ridiculous. I got 20 so far, and the best place to hunt for them is Darklight because the spawns are so close to each other compared to something like Antonica and Commonlands.
  15. d1anaw Well-Known Member

I agree. The achievements are kind of dumb. I really don't get the point.
  16. Anaiul Member

I'm a bit late to the party but:
    [IMG]
    cellinaire, Kaitheel and Charlice like this.
  17. Mystfit Well-Known Member

18. Daray Well-Known Member

I had half expected the 10k Destroyer achievement to be an unlock for something. Guess I'll just have to be happy with my title and the achievement points. :rolleyes:
  19. Valgraveson Member

Grats! Damn impressive, don't know how you got all those dead so fast. Still struggling to get to 2,500 here. :(

Valgrave
  20. Daray Well-Known Member

(Reposting to add the 3rd spawn set locations)

I suppose I can post some information, since maybe it might be useful to others chasing the achievements.

We chose Timorous Deep out of the 6 zones, because it seemed to have a better distribution/location of spawns.

The following information is specific to Timorous Deep only, but the mechanics are probably similar in other zones (though possibly with differing spawn numbers and quantity of spawn locations).

ZONE SPECIFICS:

- 3 seperate spawns, each with 4 possible spawn locations.
    - Each spawn rotates randomly between any of its 4 locations.
    - Respawn time is approximately 60 to 90 seconds.

MAP:

[IMG]

NOTES:

- If you are by yourself, set 1 is probably the easiest to camp/cycle (least amount of travel time).

- If you want to include "set 2" in your rotation with set 1, then you'd either want to park some boxed toons to kill those two far away "set 2" locations (just to move that spawn on), or direct some soloers to those locations to do the work for you. This will let you add the two locations that spawn at the beach to your existing "set 1" rotation.

- Camping a single location (as you see some (afk?) soloers doing) is of very limited benefit, unless you actually have someone else working the other locations (shared by the same set) for you.

- Yes, a location from set 1 and set 2 are very close to eachother on that beach that they can be mistaken for the same spawn (set 1 is right by the water, set 2 is a couple of steps away from the water up the beach).

- If you have the ability to box "spotters" at locations, that will speed up the kill rate.

- Chasing these kills is best done as a group (if you can find/make some friends who are equally motivated). Not only is cooperating over spawns better than competing (everyone gets kill credit and tokens if in range), but it will also allow you to share the workload.

- Don't go after every spawn of every set, just pick a cycle that yields the most efficient kills/hour rate. Our kill rate was about 2k per day.

Hope this is helpful.

Oh and ...

[IMG]
    Kaitheel likes this.