Patch Screw Up

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Cegaan, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Cegaan New Member

Ever since the patch I have been unable to play EQ2. I have gotten the "unrecoverable error" message, I get EQ2 Client application error, and now today I am getting " Everquest2.exe has no disk in G drive insert disk."

I have tried repairing/reinstalling, unistalling, running as admin, xyz. Really could use some help.
  2. Cegaan New Member

Bump. eq2 wont even uninstall due to runtime error yet I am running Directx9.
  3. Jamiss Developer

I have never seen the "no disk in G drive insert disk" error. Can you take a screenshot of the errors that you're getting or type them out in full?

Also, have you put in a support ticket yet?
  4. Andric Member

Think this is a video driver error. Had it a few times in various bad driver releases.
  5. Cegaan New Member

Submitted a ticket thursday and got an initial response that night and they finally asked about my msinfo and dxdiag info.. I have somehow got past the G drive disk error but will screenshot the error in a sec.
  6. Cegaan New Member

Unsure how to submit image as it asks for url for the error says :
    "Everquest 2 has detected an unrecoverable error and must shutdown:
    < verfify> G:\live\eq2\framework\render\DDSTexture.cpp(235):
    !"Unknown DDS texture ****"
    012d991e012d8714
  7. MAethireon New Member

Indeed I have been getting that one too. In the last two days Ive actually been able to play I have crashed 20+ times between the two days, in less than 2 hours before I finally would give up...
  8. et429 New Member

I've been getting that for the last 8 months, but it seems to have gotten worse.
    I can stay in a zone all day long, but as soon as I start zone hopping, after about 5 or 6 I crash with similar G:\live...errors. I don't recall getting a texture one though.
    Mine are:
    RenderDevice.cpp, or ClientNet.cpp, or CDLODStreamingTypeTextureBase.cpp. errors. Along with the ones that just say EQ2 has crashed with no message listed.

So good luck!
  9. Furyatchu New Member

by chance are you running windows 10 and installed the creators update? if so uninstall the creators update and then run the patcher and fix/validate your game assets. creators update kept corrupting eq2 for me until i uninstalled it.
    Mugwort likes this.
  10. boviine New Member

same, but as soon as i hit launch, i wait a few then eq crashes with client error. got the g:/ once. sent ticket in a day later nada..reinstallin now for the 4th time in 2 days. i dont expect this to magicly work
  11. Cegaan New Member

So i clicked the wrench button on launchpad and downloaded the full entire game, took about 2 hours, and it works now.
    Maybe you can try that.
    Prissetta likes this.