Patch notes for IoR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kioske, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekka Well-Known Member

Wrong.

Again, you are incorrect. Either you haven't actually read what folks have said, or you are intentionally misrepresenting them.

NO ONE. Let me repeat that: NO ONE has said, that IoR shouldn't get the bonuses. NO ONE. So please stop claiming and acting as if someone is trying to deny you something.

HOWEVER.

Every player from IoR I've seen speak up on this has said no one else should be allowed to have it - unless.

Why is it so important to you that other subscribers are not allowed to have the bonuses ALSO (not INSTEAD OF you)?

Of course changes are going to be made, it's a dynamic game. So why shouldn't those changes be made to benefit the greatest number of subscribers on all servers?
    Mizgamer62, Castegyre, Revel and 3 others like this.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

Server transfer revenue.
    Dude and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Again rolling a toon is free, and using your dbc is free, no out of pocket money, for those that are.
  4. Revel Well-Known Member

Bingo.

And for people to suggest that we abandon friends, the one thing that keeps many of us still playing, to hop over to their little server so they can feel special, for changes that SHOULD HAVE BEEN MADE to live servers some time ago, like double ascension xp, smells of utter desperation to justify getting suckered into IoR in the first place.
    Kioske, Tekka, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  5. Mahare Member

Not everyone subscribes to the game though. So my point still stands. If you have friends, family, or guildies that are nonsubscribers for whatever reason, then yes, it is a choice between swapping the server or staying with said compatriots. (And using your DBC isn't free...it costs funds to get DBC, whether it's part of your subscription or on its own).
    Tekka, Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Kioske Well-Known Member

This whole thread is a classic case of self entitlement and getting defensive when you don't need to be defensive. No one is asking to take anything away from anyone. Those of you defending IoR's right to special treatment are defending it as such, and you are showing your bias.

To those that keep saying "You have the same opportunity as all paying customers to transfer over" it has been explained time and again how that is not an option for some. Take myself for example; I run a raid guild on Halls of Fate. I would have to convince all 28-30 raiders to transfer with me to IoR to make this a viable option for me, not to mention several other friends outside of the guild that I like to play with. Just because you had either zero friends, zero guild ties, and nothing holding you to your previous server before creating a character on IoR does not mean that everyone is afforded that same option. Does it make sense to tell someone to stop complaining about the perks and just convince 40-50 people to transfer with them?

I'm glad for you that you were able to convince your 0-5 friends to join you on IoR for your super casual play style. I'm glad for you that you enjoy the server with it's super casual atmosphere and super lack of population. I don't understand why you believe that you, and you alone, deserve these perks for being a member of some special ruleset server, as if your subscription to this game means more than mine. I don't understand why the idea of the same ruleset being placed on other servers damages your ability to enjoy the game. I don't understand why you think that it's not unfair that one server receives double loot, double exp, 5x guild exp, full time ethereal benefits indefinitely, loot before other servers etc. etc.

Here you guys are, acting like the rest of us are entitled cry babies for asking for the same treatment for the same price we pay as you. I was even told that I was a baby on these forums crying for anything that doesn't "Satisfy the almighty you(me)" by someone for this. There is zero reason to get upset and feel the need to defend it with the "BUT WE DESERVE IT!! Our population is low and we need people to come to our server", when they could make all the servers the same and you would never have had to have left your original server to begin with. Your subscription should not get you these types of benefits (double ascension exp mostly) as it is not worth more than my subscription.

In conclusion, this ruleset should be applied to all servers, in my opinion. The game never should have gone the No-Trade/Heirloom route, and should have always been free trade, like EQ1 was at first. No-Trade certain special quest items, like Epics and such, but in total, gear dropped by kills should be tradeable and never be "attunable" or heirloom/no-trade.
    Rhodris, Revel, Tekka and 2 others like this.
  7. Kioske Well-Known Member

I suspect this has a lot to do with the people in here crying for their entitlements.
    Revel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

So IoR is pretty much a safe space for snowflakes?
    Revel and Mizgamer62 like this.
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Locking this up as well. Please remember to keep conversation constructive and to refrain from insulting other players.
    Leonitas and Kioske like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.