Patch notes for IoR server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kioske, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kioske Well-Known Member

Isle of Refuge (Free Trade)
    • Random events in the Obulus Frontier are now more common on a Free-Trade server.
    • All waves of Kunark Ascending Ethereal Events are now active indefinitely.
    • Players will earn double Ascension Experience on a Free Trade server.
    • Weekend Treasure Rush has been enabled on Free Trade servers, where Kunark Ascending encounters will drop double loot. This event activates every Saturday and Sunday on a Free-Trade server. Treasure Rush bonuses do not stack with other double loot drop events.
    Why is this not being implemented on every server? Why are we giving special benefits to people on a server that already has special benefits? Am I missing something? Do they pay more for the game than someone on Halls of Fate does?
    Feldon, Mizgamer62 and Tekka like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Apparently the other special benefits are not enough to keep the server alive and healthy and, for some reason, dbg really really wants it to succeed, even at the expense of other servers?
    That's my best guess, at the moment. Though I have no ideas as to the 'why' of those reasons.
    Mizgamer62, Kioske and Tekka like this.
  3. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Read the patch notes and well, I'm stumped as to why one server would receive this kind of preferential treatment
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Tekka Well-Known Member

I would guess because you have to pay a subscription to play on that sever, and they're desperate to bribe customers to pay to transfer there, to slow the inevitable failure of another of their special rule set servers. I mean every subscriber should want to play on a special elitist server, right? Because none of them have family or friends that play free, or only subscribe certain times a year.

No they don't pay more than a 'regular' sever subscriber, in fact many for the last year have paid considerably less because of the yearly discount - that is due to expire over the next few weeks for most.

I should think, if the server was that awesome, folks would flock there on their own without the bribes.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

This is why myself and many others will never make a character on or transfer to the IOR. The IOR is getting preferential treatment while the other servers are either allowed to slowly wither away, merged, or shutdown. At this point in the game, all EQ2 has going for it is a small player base comprised largely of loyal veteran players and the majority of us are wise to and weary of these gimmicky cash grab servers that all have a temporary shelf life. If this doesn't prove once and for all that the DBG staff that are responsible for EQ2 have any other motives other than wringing the dish rag dry, then I don't know what does (and as Radarx said one time, they are all on the same team and make decisions as a team and succeed or fail as a team).
    Brightblade and Tekka like this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I pay my IoR sub with Warlock tears.. <3

This server is a choice. Just like rolling a toon on FG is a choice (with live rewards).

EVERYONE is more than welcome to play on IoR provided you have an available character slot and subscription.
    If the features and benefits appeal to you, then by all means, buy a transfer token for the free 500 dbc and roll a toon there.

Nobody is forcing you to stay where you are. But a players decision to stay rooted on a particular server is a personal choice, as is the choice to abandon a server that's "dead or dying" to play on IoR. So don't be mad that someone else is getting perks and benefits that you aren't, especially when you are fully capable of taking advantage of those same benefits if you choose to.

For the record - IoR isn't a special elitist server - any more than Maj'dul / HoF servers being the only home for special elitist guilds.

But I think y'all are missing the new purpose of the Isle of Powerlevel Server. You could roll an alt here, gear it up, level up all ascension and bounce out in 30ish days. All for the low low price of 3k DBC- cheaper than a GM ascension spell. So when the new xpac's FoTM character is one that you don't have "caught up", this will be a viable option....
    Kittybock and Dilf like this.
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

Was there ever a clarification on whether or not you get double ascension gain, or double the ascension you can gain per day?

I know folks on regular servers that have to sit and wait for the ascension pool to refresh. So unless the size of the pool increases, that just means more time to wait around for it to refresh.
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

lol. I haven't checked yet. Would it be in typical form if you earn up to 7m ascension only - just 2x faster? Now that would be funny.
    Tekka likes this.
  9. Icebands Member

Yea I really wish they would clarify
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

It is very simple to understand. This is a SUBSCRIPTION based server only. As such, we should get perks that no other server should get. Why? Because there are no free to play people here. Want the perk? CHOOSE to move here and enjoy the perks. We pay for to play on this server and should be awarded as such. Hell, I have a free to play on Maj'Dul that raids constantly with subscription players. I really have no restrictions. It's the best free to play model in all MMO's.

But this server is chill, we get even more KEYS now in OB per day than you and without the free to play people ranting and raving in general its just an amazing server as we should be treated different. Don't like it then I invite you all to move here, you are only stuck here for 30 days then you can move back.

We need a good raid guild on this server tho. We are missing that.
    Prissetta likes this.
  11. Vunder Well-Known Member

Besides its FREE TRADE!!

What is not to like about it...almost everything is tradeable...raid loot, currency, some quest items, mounts, ect.

I loved Fiona Vie in eq1, i like this server. I just makes sense.
    Prissetta likes this.
  12. Kioske Well-Known Member

I pay the exact same amount per month for my sub, your logic makes no sense. Why would I want to make a character and invest for a server that has 50 people that play on it? I understand the original perks, and I love that idea too, everything should be able to be traded, but adding in THESE perks does not make any sense. No one is going to move to the server for these perks, like other people have suggested. That's just silly. If the server was so amazing, there would be more than 50 people on it. That's why there isn't a raiding community on the server, because new servers don't have good population bases. This game does not have the population to support a new server growth anymore. They barely have enough people playing to support the population on the already established servers.
    Conifur, Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  13. Icebands Member

Umm I just moved a toon there so did several people from my t4 raid guild, so I guess the perks are working
    Snikkety, Dude, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  14. Vunder Well-Known Member

Same met about 10 new people last night that moved over. Why pay 15 a month on a normal server when I can pay the same amount here and get bonus perks PLUS be able to buy anything I want from broker rather than waste my time in the auction channel.
    Prissetta and Zeddicious like this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

Did you move your T4 raid toon?

What guild? What toon?

None of this matters if you moved some alt you won't hardly play, if you didn't move your main, it literally means nothing.
  16. Tekka Well-Known Member

Some folks, who pay the same 15$ subscription, are invested in more that just shinie gimmicks. They're invested in their friends, their communities - and of course, they're own characters. Some of these customers have an entire fleet of alts for crafting, or other purposes (some to just get one more mistmoore crags estate to decorate).

And what the addition of yet more perks to a failing server, while they've stripped and not replaced more than one perk from their subscription model, appears to say to some of those subscribers is: YOUR 15$ isn't as valuable to us.

Do the TLE servers get perks no other server gets, other than gated progression? They're also subscription only, no free to play people there.

Everyone who is subscribed pays to play, what was added to IoR are subscription perks, not special rule set perks, and should be available to every subscriber, no matter what server they have invested in.

Does IoR still have to purchase their earned vet rewards, or did they rectify that?

Only 'stuck' for 30 days? To start, they were adamant that there would never be transfers off. Now barely over a year later, they've done a complete turn around. Further, who wants to throw 30$ at a test run? Especially if the majority of your play group isn't interested in moving.

All customers who invest in a game deserve to be treated equitably.
    Brightblade, Mermut and Mizgamer62 like this.
  17. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

By that logic, they may as well shut down all of the live servers and just keep the sub only prestige servers running.
    Brightblade and Tekka like this.
  18. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Woohoo!!
    Yeah, we may be flooded in by Hurricane Harvey, but one of my guildies sent me a text this AM, as they knew how much I'd love this! Gonna have to pause watching the Coast Guard fly over to airlift folks and try to log in.

Thank you, Daybreak and Dev Team!! <3 We love the Isle. You guys just made my day!! Well, then again, considering the flooding having power makes my day....and internet and.... ;)

edit: Did I mention HOW MUCH I <3 this???
    Zeddicious and Prissetta like this.
  19. Tekka Well-Known Member

They realized in 2010 that would never work. And it still won't.

-winkyface- - winkyface-
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Leonitas of Potato Situational Awareness

It's amazing how the vocal minority is treating this like they are a child, and their little brother or sister got a toy, and they didn't. The logic here is simple: since the start of fallen gate, it's been too quiet on the Isle...i would guess that every server lost players to fg, but, being a lower pop server, IoR was impacted more then any of them. I'm sure the devs don't expect every server to become a ghost town, and everyone to flock here, nor does anyone want that. These changes are merely incentives to hopefully boost our population a little. Nobody is saying you have to move your main. If you have a paid sub and a free slot, you could roll a new toon and try it out. If you don't like it here, delete the toon. No $30 wasted. When Isle of Refuge started, i had 26 toons on Skyfire, at level 100 crafting AND adventure. We could not move there initially. I rerolled the same toons essentially from level 1, and methodically killed off most of my Skyfire toons one by one, as i replaced their vet bonus. In the end i only moved over maybe 2 or 3 toons, with the entire sum of tradeable and heirloom inventory that i deemed worth moving.

I never looked back, IoR has been a happy home for over a year now. There are a few individuals from Skyfire i miss, but, gone are the days of toxic general chat, with a few loudmouths cussing each other out, trolling, arguing, sharing their pessimistic views, etc. I happen to think if you are happy where you are at, these incentives should not be enough to uproot your whole life there. If you are a t4 raider and raiding is life to you, island life might not suit you. If you are a quiet, positive, or generally happy person, you just might want to try it out here. Have fun y'all :)
    Semperfifofum, Dude and Prissetta like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.