Patch Notes February 5, 2013

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Skeezie, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Skeezie Active Member

I've been on an unavoidable AFK - sorry I'm late on this feedback.

SOE said
    I am taking this personally so let me say first, any future feedback from me will be terse, at best.

Farming is as old as EQ. It's a fact. For my latest spent time farming I could have:

• mentored to 80 - went to Sebalis, (upset anyone in there) cleared to the bank, jumped over the ledge, cleared through to the research area and labs, evac'd cleared to barracks, down through the kitchen, over and through to the portal to the lower area cleared through to Kotiz, evac'd and started over.
    • mentored to 80 - went to Chardok, (upset anyone in there) cleared straight through to the queen - evac'd and started over
    • mentored to 80 - went to Mistmoore, (upset anyone in there) collected enough vampire incisors to fill a new L&L storage unit - evac'd and started over
    • mentored to 70 - went to Sanctum, (upset anyone in there) cleared one level, then the next - evac'd and started over
    • mentored to 70 - went to the the Palace of Awakened, (upset anyone in there) and started killing chickens and climbing walls - evac'd and started over
    • Fallen Gate or Stormhold at 25, Runnyeye at 40, Obelisk or Temple of Cazic-Thule at 50, Rujark at 60... the list goes on.

Instead, I chose to go to Befallen - where I wasn't bothering anyone. I killed skeletons. Why? Because it was fun. There isn't a person in-game who doesn't like rounding up a ton of mobs and participating in a "killed seven at one blow!" scenario. It feels good. The only difference in Befallen is I didn't have to evac and reset the instance (which I would have if I chose to go to Loping Plains or Everfrost - ran through one instance, evac, zone out, ran through another, evac, zone out and did that again to the third - then zone out to reset and rerun).

There was never xp from those respawning mobs and loot could be best described as from slim to none and poor to pathetic. I went for the body drops so I wouldn't have to go do some hokey quest.

Before my AFK I read one thread (that I'm not going to look for to quote) that some holiday fancier got 97 'currency' from one holiday event. Trust me when I tell you I didn't get 97 in any one of my Befallen runs.

This knee jerk reaction to stop farming is just that - knee jerk - and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Skeezie

/terse on
  2. Lempo Well-Known Member

The thing that is most egregious about this is that you can not do Befallen without killing those mobs, they won't leash down there.
    So to run this zone as intended SOE is flat out 'stealing' EXP from players, and that wasn't good enough they went and removed the corpse loot from them too. The respanwing mobs in Palace are slightly different, you don't have to kill them, but just the same killing a mob should award EXP whether the mob is greyed out or not.
    They could actually enforce the TOS and deal with AFK leveling, instead it is easier to punish the masses for the actions of a few.
  3. Twyxx Well-Known Member

If this is knee jerk the devs have some pretty poor reflexes. It's not anything new or surprising that they don't want people to milk respawning mobs for xp or loot.
    Deveryn likes this.
  4. Mohee Active Member

People AFK in contested zones all the time too. They might as well make it so every mob doesn't give XP. /sarcasm

If they are going to do this in zones like this, just make it so the mobs give "less" xp, or make it so they don't respawn.

I don't know... I've never AFK'd anywhere, but removing XP from mobs just seems kind of cheap, and the wrong thing to do. Suspend accounts or something if this is really a problem... No need to take such drastic measures that affect everyone because of only a few people getting AFK xp and abusing it.
    Lempo likes this.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The zone's been around for a few years and I'm sure many people farmed it like this regularly. I think this only came to their attention because so few people run the zone that they would actually notice what's going on. There's little reason left to run this zone anyway. Less xp for the one or two quests that need to be run in this zone seems like a minor loss and not as drastic as other suggestions.

Making the mobs not respawn takes away the intended challenge of the zone and it just becomes a dungeon maker zone. Suspending accounts is an absolute last resort, reserved only for the most heinous offenses. Doing it for something like farming xp is ridiculous and they would have to suspend a whole lot of people to be fair about it. If you suspend a bunch of people, chances are most of them won't want to come back.