Pas Yu not letting me buy the new summer prestige house

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Eufearia, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Breanna Well-Known Member

That sounds like the perfect plan to me :) It seems like the older you get the shorter the days get, and a week goes by in the blink of an eye. My hubby was laughing at me Tuesday because I was already talking about the weekend, he said it's only Tuesday, I said I know but the weekend will be here before you realize. LOL
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

O and we fired our shop guy that could run the machines about a year ago, which is why it's been so crazy, my poor honey has been working double duty, so he is teaching me the cad, I can bring stuff in now if the customer sends it, but I still can't draw yet. So now I have double duty LOL Not sure if that worked out for the best or not. It did for him.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Dudette, despite what the various CAD sales reps claim, you really do need an actual drafter for stuff like that (/raising_paw [or at least a couple of junior college drafting classes. If nothing else, you can get student discounts on the software for practice ;->]). Most engineers I've worked with agreed, but the HR people believed the sales reps. :(

As for your business, that sounded totally awesome! :D I've never had any luck "going into business with friends or family," as they say, and I learned why that's often quoted. X-P

Ever thought of something like medical or other transcribing? I know there's a real dearth of "honest" work from home offers, but they do exist. :)

Good luck! :D

Uwk
    who thinks we either need a) a new planet with a 48 hour period, or b) a new societal modality...not sure which would be easier :-/
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Can't help with the shop remotely, unfortunately...you're not out in L.A.-La Land, are you? ;->

Uwk
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Nah we're in Michigan, where it's getting really cold now SIGH!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Must be nice... :-/

Crossing my fingers for early November for "winter" setting in here, when we get our only precipitation and cooler weather...if we're lucky. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure what's worse the heat, or getting 12 inches of snow. I'm originally from the south so I tend to lean towards warm. LOL I hate snow more and more every year.
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Snow is so pretty on a postcard,

in someone else's yard.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would love really cold. Like with tons of snow and ice and below zero temperatures.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I got your back Uwk. After having 100+ temps since March and most of those being 110 or higher and less than a teaspoon full of rain, just the clouds that roll in and throw the humidity up to 80%+ but never drops a bit of rain before moving along, I want SNOW, ICE, BELOW ZERO TEMPS and everything that goes with it.

*believes she would love to live on a glacier if she could get reliable internet connections*
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

You'd probably change your mind after the first winter LOL
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, ya gotta admit, winter can be easier to deal with than heat waves; all you have to do, theoretically, is add more layers. ;->

Uwk
  13. Breanna Well-Known Member

True that, but sometimes you add so many layers, that you can't move LOL And get stuck in the ditch when your car goes off the road, or watching a car skidding over 4 lanes of traffic and amazingly managing to miss everyone, is a fun ride!!! LOL We actually saw that last year, he went all the way across and then back across the expressway narrowly missing everyone and he ended up in the ditch upside down, tires spinning. How he missed everyone I'll never know.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I. HATE. Driving in/on ice. I'd bopped around all over the country when I was a kid during academic breaks (my parents being both teachers, there was a lot of overlap in our schedules ;->), including Winter Break, but I wasn't driving back then. Spent a little over a year in Indiana in my college years, and while this "winter" thing was fun for about 3 weeks or so, after awhile it got real dull real fast. X-P

Thank goodness for me, Indiana doesn't have any real mountains to speak of, just these little "hill" things. ;->

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is true. You can only take off so much and then you cannot leave the house without being arrested.
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

Well I hear in California they have those beeches LOL where you don't get arrested.:D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they're all privately owned, and it's up to the owner to allow stuff like that. They often do; it depends on the situation. ;->

Uwk
    who in no way knows anything at all about such things... ;->
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

19. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Have a comrade who moved to Virginia after years in Michigan, he's got the reverse problem ^^

I'm on the Mediterranean coast, I love heat, I hate cold. Last year we got 30cm of snow (13 inches) last winter, everything was paralysed in the city. I can't stand humid heat, but I'll take dry heat over everything else any day, if possible over 95°F.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ugh!!! Having moved from Dublin, Ireland, to AZ. I will give you this "dry" heat any day. When in March 100+ deg F start and do not stop until October it is hideous. This past summer, we had more than 120 days of 110+ deg F heat in a row. Some yoyo with a bit of paper decided the monsoon season begins on a certain day and ends on a certain day, that is not how it works, the beginning is based upon the Dew Point, but others have accepted his proclamation. I have that same bit of paper and I would not be daft enough to try and make that proclamation as it is false. Anyhow, I will tell the Deities of Heat to take the 100+ deg F heat and send it your way.