Part of my guide app,what i think to the community and how i want to repay it

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-stefman12345, Oct 31, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-stefman12345 Guest

Hey guys
    I was writing my guide application last night and whilst doing it i was thinking what im putting hear speaks volume's about the communitey we have and the communitey deserves to know what i think of it.So ive decided to post some parts of my application hear for you guys as i think its important you guys realise just how special you make this game for some of us.

The first part adresses what i think to the communitey i went a little off track from the question and found myself writing about you the communitey as opposed to what the question really asked, but you know what im going to leave it in because its all true it came from the hart and its a testiment to some of the great players we have hear.
    the second part is just some storey's ive writen for the application i thought you might find intresting
    stef

What other experiences have you had in the "massive multiplayer online" game genre? What other role-playing games have you played? Please give a few examples of the good and bad points of these games.

As mentioned before i table top and larp however talking more about the virtual world. Eq2 has been my Favorite mmo's for a long time its one that while i may take short breaks from ive always come back to.As for other mmo's ive played most of them short term,the only one that has ever come close to eq2 for me is lotro (lord of the rings on-line) its the only other mmo ive gone back to more than once.

The thing i find missing with most mmo's such as wow,lotro,rift etc and eve on-line to a lesser extent is the community feel.I dont know wether ive just fallen luck on freeport server but i find that 90% of the community is freandly polite and helpfull.When i ask a question in 1-9 90% of the time i get really helpful responses and one of the best example's i can give is when i went in search of obtaining my warden epic the other night.

I was struggling to solo pr on my warden and asked in 1-9 if anyone would be willing to help as soon as i had done that i get 2 guys whispering me saying invite them and we rolled it.After pr we decided wed need some more help for the other raid zone's and 5 minutes after wed asked in 1-9 we were rolling out with 3 full groups meeting up at chardock all to help me get my epic wepon.Its moments like that you realise very rarely would it happen in any other game you'd get cry's of newb get a guild or whatever and these random peoaple from diffrent places with diffrent levels and diffrent guilds all banded together to help one guy out they dont know and that's why I love eq and will continue to love it.In that instance i offerd them money(plat in game) i offerd them all the loot ,they wernt intrested they mearly wanted to help me out in obtaning my gole's and that speaks volumes about the communitey we have hear and in doing this i hope i could give peoaple like that something back.

Game Scenarios

Please choose four (4) of the following and reply in detail.

You have been invited to attend the Grand Ball which is a great honor. You get to the gates of the Clerics Guild when you realize that you have misplaced your invitation. At the gates there are several guards checking each invitation. A guard approaches and says "Invitation Please"... How are you getting into the Grand Ball?

(I stalk talking rambeling seeming as though I may never stop talking)Im sorry I appear to be somewhat lost,Im looking for the servants entrance you see im hear to preform to lament the guest's of the ball to share tale's of heroic deeds,dragons and god's have you ever heard of zek an almighty tirent or the fabled tale of lady vox the snow white dragon.

At this point the guard is visabley irritated after all he has dutey's to preform and in a gruff voice “Servants entrance is round the back thell check you in there”

“Oh thank you my good freand let me offer you this a storey of great whimsy and wounder in return for your kindne.......”ive got duteys to preform I have no time for you just go”

and off I scoot to the servants entrance huming a merry tune or so the guard thinks as soon as I round the corner I look in my bag for the device I need yes this will do nicely my flying disk.Before mounting my disk I take a potion a strange concoction ive come up with thats aided me well in my life of travell that shrinks the drinker to the size of a mouse then I mount my disk and scoot up to the balconey unoticed to revel with the other guest's.

You turn a corner from a wooded forest into a clearing only to find yourself surrounded by a horde of Orcs. You know that there are too many to deal with yourself. How would you talk your way out of the situation?

My dear frenads how might I assist you are you lost?
    “we want your shiney's””yeh we is gunna cut you then take's em”
    “Cut me well why kill me when instead I could be alive and entertain you and your familey's with great storey's epic saga's of the orc kinds most prevelant warrior's its most powerfull shamen's”
    At this the orc's look blankley to one another if anything looking a little perplexed.

“GIVE US THAT SHINEY RING!”

“You dare to speak to me in such a way you realise word's how power and myne are some of the grates't words and tales you might ever hear”at this the biggest orc of the bunch start's to approch.

I reach in to my pocket and wrap my fingers around an amulate I was gifted by a great freand who's children I entertained and kept happy whilest he was away fighting.”theres a storey about an orc doing just this.As a traveler was ambushed the god's intervined and poof”i squeez the amulate hard to activate it's power and focus on the advancing orc”They turned him in to a pixi” the ork's being a superstitiouse race looked at each other in fear.

“and it appears those god's are on my side to day so you may be wise to leave this traveller be and return home before the god's of this land do the same to all of you” after buying time with my word's the amulate should be recharged again so I give it another squeez and focus on the nearest orc and poof he turns in to a pixi.

At this the orc's begin to back aware thinking they may have offended the god's and I stroll past pushing one aside to the bemused look's of the other's.As soon as im out of sight I run for within moments the first orc will turn back in to his own ugly self and they will realise they have just lost my game of wit's and cunning.

ive still got 2 more of these to do ill post them up when ive finished
    stef
  2. ARCHIVED-stefman12345 Guest

The last part of the storeys for my app

Please give a brief narrative of the life of a play character from your favorite SOE game. (Do not use the actual name of one of your characters.)
    At conception the frogolock strata's was a strange looking child the ridge's on his head just wernt right.As he grew older people saw him as even more strange animals that would usually eat a little one were his freand why one day his mother swear's she saw him playing with a raptor. As he grew older the others of his kind shunned him for he was different...To different,but he embraced his gifts and trained the animals he had come to love and cherish as freands and protector's.

He left the village he grew up in at 13 years of age and built himself a small hut in the woodland close by where he and his animal companions would train.However on one of these training day something most unfortunate happened as he and his raptor were practising fighting techniques they had come up with them self's that not only drew on his companions strength but his agility,which make the movements mesmerizing almost like a dance, the unthinkable happened bandits attacked the village yonder as he saw the flames rising he hop'd as fast as his could raptor at his side to the hamlet.

When he arrived there was nothing left he came across bodies of family and people he considered freands, even if they did not.Enraged he swore he would never let this happen again he would defend the rest of his race from all creatures of evil and so he became defender of the swamp and his adventure began.
    You find yourself lost deep in a dark forest in the middle of nowhere. You are exhausted and hungry and are just about to give up when you notice a bright light just ahead. You continue to walk until you reach a clearing in the woods. In the middle of the clearing you see what appears to be an abandoned tower. Emitting from the very top window of the tower is the brightest light you have ever seen. All of a sudden you are hit with a new wave of energy and...

By all the god's ive never seen something of such butey quick toung said with merriment in his voice.What tales might I wield of that that's in side,And so he approached. As he gained footing and drew closer and closer he felt the light pushing him back,summoning all his strength he pushed on towards the tower,then as quickly as the light had come it vanished.He approached a small opening a door once hanging in it now lay on the ground with scorch marks upon what should have been the inside.

“Well what do we have hear”,he flipped the door over to find no marks on the outside”This is most peculiar so nothing forced it's way in yet something blew the door out.He walked in to the tower to find a spiralling stair case with similar scorches on the walls and every step.”on-wards and upwards with merriment and glee that's the way forward for me you see....i should write that down”.What the poor fellow had yet to realise is the light of a muse had shined upon him from within the tower filling his mind with all manner of new whimsy and wonder that would make him known throughout the land.As he climbed the stairs going around and around again all was the same all the way up that tower and then he reached the top a round room,”with sadness I declair nothing is hear,but wait with fear I see something hear”.......”im rhyming it seems im baffled but intruged” as he approached he found a small locket inside was a picture of the most beutifull woman he had ever seen bathed in light “im curious now ill follow this up somehow” and this is how it began how a most terrible bard started on his path to becoming truly great.The rhyming eventually stoped but his gift's to think up song storey and poetry yet remained.

Hope you guys enjoy the little storey's ive put together for this app I enjoyed writing them.Id like to apologise for my spelling and grammar I have a for of dyslecxsia that mess's with my writing its something im currently working on in night classe's. I have spell checked the app but being not able to spell correctly i could only select the spelling's i found most appropriate and alas there isn't a grammar check option and for that I apologise.