Panda Rewards and Deco packs

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Laughing Owl, Sep 27, 2022.

1. Laughing Owl Active Member

Tradionally you could buy multiple copies (just could only have one bag in inventory at a time.

But could buy bag, unpack
    Buy pack
    (place items from first bag in house)
    unpack
    place items
    (repeat)

There were a few specific items (like familiar pots) that broke this... but for decoration items, can we please have it restored to the old way (or honestly just made not even lore).

There are ways around for any hard core decorated, but the work arounds involve a moderate hassle for player and alot of load for servers.

Please please consider modifying decoration packs to being lore (so only one bag at a time), but buyable (and unpackable) multiple times.
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

Don't most of these say "1 per character"?
    Geroblue, Dude and Twyla like this.
  3. Twyla Well-Known Member

That is how I remember it, Miragian.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure how you were ever able to buy a furniture pack twice with one character, because even the ones I bought from the original Days of Summer are still greyed out.

you can buy once per toon for unlimited toons after you complete the quests with one character on that account, but that's it.
    Twyla likes this.
  5. Tkia Well-Known Member

I tested it once. If you bought one, unpacked it and placed the items in a house you could go back and buy a second bag, no problem. However when you try to unpack the second bag you'll be put on the naughty list and slapped :eek:
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've never been able to get a second furniture pack. But it would be nice as I have more than one prestige house for multiple characters.

How about a gold price for each set after the first free one ?

As an example: the panda sells a second set for 55 gold per bag.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.
  7. Miragian Well-Known Member

Make character, buy pack, chuck in bank, delete character, repeat as needed. Not ideal but, it requires no additional dev time.
    Dude likes this.
  8. Laughing Owl Active Member

Miragain: (that was my 'work-a-round', not directly stated just in case considered more of exploit)....

Though that pushes the extra load onto servers of character creation etc... So really doesnt even seem ideal from database standpoint from DBG side...

And I can say pre-VoV (and swear pre-this last update, though honestly not sure I had directly tried since VoV stuff) I could buy, unpack, buy... And While never tried with items IN inventory, if I had placed the unpacked items in house, I could then unpack the next.

So if using multiple would:
    Buy pack
    Unpack pack
    Buy pack.

Go to house,
    Place first item wanted (often then deleting 'extra's)
    Unpack second bag.
    Place items...

(repeat as needed above, depending on how many needed)

As mentioned considering if I wanted 1,000 of what ever... I can still do in present system buy
    make alt
    Drop off in house
    Delete Alt
    (repeat 1,000 times)

Really seems silly to me, to have it locked to present, as that just means ALOT more load on severs creating and deleting 1,000 alts.... (and I believe even if deleted they keep records of alts, since I have known (in the past at least) folks that had toons 'deleted' that were recovered), so really seems like this cause ALOT more laod for servers, then if just could do it 1,000 times on A character rather then making 1,000 characters
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Twyla likes this.
  10. Laughing Owl Active Member

Well guess 'exploit' isnb't (in modern usage) the best word to use, as it is directly allowed by the 'game design', but it may not be the 'intended' function.

Much like certain welll known chain big box stores have very friendly return/satisfaction policies. That by policy, if you are unhappy you can return for full refund (or some even double), so saying you are unhappy and asking for refund is not an exploit... (doing it EVERY gallon of milk however is abusive (if technically not an exploit, in modern game usage).
  11. Miragian Well-Known Member

I take this more as an allowed feature, the extra time the player has to take to make the character, collect the item(s), than unpack and place them being the tradeoff.

Allowing unlimited of each item would cause both, a potential explosion of items that people just sit on in case they need them, and more importantly, many of the "one per character" items are actually marketplace items that they are giving us for free.

If you can have them for free in easily acquired, unlimited amounts, why bother trying to sell any? In the current setup few would bother doing it for more then 2-3 pieces before it would be too much effort.
    Twyla likes this.
  12. Mugwort Active Member

Actually, many of the Panda deco items were removed from the Marketplace and no longer available or no longer a single purchase item such as the siren that is only available in a bundle. Then there is the Rum prestige house bundled house items that are only obtained through purchasing the house. I would happily pay for a full set of Ebony furniture from the Marketplace but, the set is no longer available.

In the past, the Vault of Brell Serilis was used to rotate removed items back into the Marketplace, much like this:

https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-4069?locale=en_US

Over time, some items have made their way back into the Marketplace and some never returned. The house items that have never returned to the Marketplace could be reintroduce into the game through the Vault system.

Items only available through the Panda quests could have their own niche created - maybe something like a Panda Vault.
    Twyla and Geroblue like this.