Panda adornments resulting in cursed items

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Heijo, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Heijo Member

I recently upgraded from the PoM crate items I was geared up with to some player-crafted PoP armor, and so I went back to the Panda on the Spire Island in Sundered Frontier to grab the Tol'Ren adornments for it, and when I went to add the adornments, a warning box came up and said that the resulting armor would have new properties, and one of them was 'CURSED'. I tried to put these same adornments on other armor pieces and still got the same warning box. Now, I've never seen 'CURSED' items in-game and so wasn't sure what that warning was about, all I knew was that I didn't want any 'CURSED' items.

Specifically, I was trying to add http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Ascension_of_Tol'Ren to a http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Plumewit_Breastplate_of_Evasion. Any ideas why this doesn't work, or why it results in a 'CURSED' item?
  2. Bella222 Active Member

I wondered why too? It is aggravating just like the new orange adorns making items NO VALUE. Who would possible WANT cursed items?
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

The 'cursed' tag doesn't mean anything
  4. Heijo Member

Then why purposefully change it so that it's in there?

Items that I adorned with this adornment previously never added this 'CURSED' property. Why now. if it doesn't mean anything?
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

They were introduced last expac. Why? I haven't a clue. But people have been using those adorns for over a year now with nothing 'bad' happening.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm guessing that they're planning on doing something with the tag in the future. What? I have no idea. But for now, just ignore it.
    Wilowsong likes this.
  7. Steelviper Active Member

Some outdated tags which might have been in the planning of something, but never saw the light of the day, and too much of a work to bother to have been removed from those old adorns. Just ignore those messages, they won't add any bad lasting effects to the armor you'd be using them on.
    Except the white adorns from the panda merchant, I've seen those personally vanish upon dislodging, some time back when I was still able to play the game. Considering all the items from the merchant can be only purchased with the AllAccess, if you dislodge those white adorns and lose them, you'd be out of luck there if on free to play.