Paladins in BoL?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Twofeets, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Twofeets Active Member

I have had a pally since launch, but honestly I'm a bit disgusted with him so far in BoL. While I've seen several posts about priests DPS and the fix posted by Daybreak for this, I've seen nothing about paladins. Does the 'fix' only help priests, or does it affect other classes as well?

I did quite a few side quests, in full BoL legendary gear, but it was still taking me 20+ min to kill some nameds mobs in the solo instances. I could pull entire rooms of trash without dieing, but again it took forever to kill. (Im currently etherial specced, mostly adept on the 'main' spells I use, my pally spells/CAs are all expert or master+.

I dont expect to do 'fighter dps' (such as monk) damage, but from what ive seen and read even guardians are doing far more DPS than we are.
  2. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Raid with a pally and he doesn't seem to have any issues with BoL that I've seen thus far, so it's hard to say what problems you're running into. As far as the priest dps "fix," I've had mixed reports about how well that's actually working atm.
    I looked you up and part of the problem is you've done almost nothing to work up ascensions on your toon. Most are still apprentice with a few adepts. Since ascensions have been out for two years now, there's no reason for that. Secondly, almost all your spells are still expert with one or two at master. I didn't bother to check your adorns from panda quest as the potency ones and white Daring adventurer are also nice. If you want to do more damage, I suggest you take a hard look at your spells/CAs and ascensions and focus on getting those up. The new 111-120 journeyman spells will have immediate effect, so find an alchemist that has done at least part of the TS line to help you out. After that, stay focused on upgrading both categories. Gear is nice, but nothing beats fundamental work in your spells/CAs and ascensions if you want more damage.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

Priest DPS fix is not noticeable at all. The 20% boost to damage was negated by the insane increase to dmg from the named. My channeler is getting pulsed 20mil a second on top of 25-30m hits. I have 495m hp and that bar bounces around more than an old school avoidance tanks.

As for numbers:

Averaging the solo's I ran last night 1.3b dps - 75m hps - Zone clear time 1 hour
    Averaging the solo's I ran Night before patch: 980m dps - 22m hps - Zone clear time 1.25 hour

This is from the ALL category on ACT. I'm not smart enough to figure out how to just get named dps so those numbers are skewed a little by trash.

That is with 188k pot, 4000cb and 522% fervor.

I am almost done with sig line on the channeler (I think, it keeps freaking going and going) and ill get to start it on my pally.

Also note: Ascensions are not "Big hitters" in solos. In fact, I can do more dps with class abilities because they cast faster. I have taken screenshots of several of them "Your "insert ascension spell" hits "Insert name of npc" but it fails to inflict any damage" messages.
  4. Twofeets Active Member

I just returned to the game back in October after almost 5 years away, so it's to be expected I'm not fully mastered. I did all the Panda quests, but work/family prevents raiding. I was mainly T2 expert geared prior to BoL, but that's all obsolete already. I dont expect to be uber, I dont expect to be a 'dps class', but honestly 20+ minutes on a named is a bit much. Id rather see them hit harder, require more strategy, anything other than 20 min smashing buttons.
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

I am not sure what the issue you are running into, I am playing a Paladin currently and I can clear most solo zones in less than 10 minutes. I am using all new gear from solo quest line and nothing from old stuff. But my ascension are all at high level so I guess you don't have them at good quality?
  6. Twofeets Active Member

Since the 'fix' a fews days ago things are much better. The first few days the mobs had a ton more health or defense, even with my wife's lock we couldnt clear them in 10min. Happy to say my pally is viable again.