Paladin Reparations II vs Refusal of Atonement IX

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Keffin, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Keffin Member

Granted, my Reparations is at celestial and my refusal is at Grandmaster but... I still cannot see why anyone would ever cast Refusal when it hits for 3,487,612,013,249 LESS that Reparations with slightly less than 1/2 the recast and these spells share the same reuse timer.

Refusal can recast 42.8% faster, but for only 12.9% of the damage.

Reparations Max hit: 4,004,771,544,340 re-cast 70 seconds
    Refusal of A Max hit: 517,159,531,091 re-cast 30 seconds

All other spell attributes are the same.

With Doom and Crusader's Judgment, I understand why you may cast the one over the other because the curing effect may or may not be wanted and you may still need the dis-spell part, but I cannot see a valid reason to Ever cast Refusal of Atonement over Reparations.

Do you paladins out there have any thoughts?
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

are they on the same cooldown timer? if so consider one a replacement over the other

as a zerker, i never cast the stuff that share same cooldown as annihilation and dismember
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Keffin Member

Yeah, same cool down.
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

yeah in BoL we got a new replacement spell and we got another in the revamped sol eye zone, for a lot of classes the old spells arent worth casting but some got side-grades or worse spells

looks like pally and zerker got better spells than before
  5. Julianxzz Member

In some cases..... Refusal of Atonement is still good with its faster casting time....
    Same as Doom of Judgement....

It depends on what situation you meet...
  6. Heresford Active Member

It's all about casting speed while soloing. The healer mercenary is unreliable at best, so I have to be ready to cure or heal at any moment. I'd rather do less damage with an ability I can get off than have to hit the escape key in the middle of casting so that I can cure. Since I only look at the boss write-ups if I'm absolutely stuck, I assume any curse could be a DoT that will kill me in 30 seconds. I don't even bother using my ascension spells against any of the bosses.

The only time Chumba Spiritcaller seemed to be good at getting off cures quickly was in Shadow of Screams, which is exactly where I didn't want them cured right away.
  7. Priority Well-Known Member

I use ascensions, Reparations, and Crusader's Judgement on solo bosses. As a pally, you shouldn't be worried about dying in 2s. You have multiple regenerating ward AA options that handle just about all the healing you could ever want. Prayer of healing casts really fast and also has a ward component if specced for it. Add a /cancel_spellcast macro to Cure Spells and yourself as the target, and it's even easier.
  8. Falreth New Member

While some of the spells that share the same recast on classes, they are different, refusal and reparation are basically the same spell with one hitting like 10x harder than the other so its kind of a no brainer. Now crusaders and doom there are definitely reasons to cast each because they are slightly different, and that cure can be problematic (yeah den2cm i am talking to you). I can't really speak much for other classes but I know the fury has a spell called feast and some other that share the same timer....and the spells are completely different not even similar but they also have a different duration and recast..so you cast the one with the 3min duration and 5 second recast first than cast the one with the 2min recast second and you get the effect of both. Fury is the only one I have seen that have that. But for paladins and reparation/refusal there really is no reason to use the lesser one, Except maybe if the good one is apprentice and the bad one is celestial (how that would ever happen i dont know) and even than the good one might still be better.