Paladin lu61

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by ARCHIVED-Stobbart, Aug 25, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Stobbart Guest

I have been playing pally since '06. My playing time is about 300 days. Raids, quests, farm and ect. But now I see that pally as tank is completely b*llshit in raid if we are compare with others. And RL prefer brawler or warrior for raids but not pally. You've improved the others in lu61. But what did you do with pally? Completely nothing. Change it!
  2. ARCHIVED-Stobbart Guest

Up. I'm still waiting some changes with pally. It's unfair =( We need some stone skin spell, more CB + DA; pally is trash now. LU 61 didn't improve paladin at all. But SK and other tanks got something.
    It's really bad for now (
  3. ARCHIVED-Elskidor Guest

This year is possibly the worst for nearly every genre. Fighters and Healers as a whole are terribly unbalanced, I guess there is just more fighters out there voicing their side louder. Not like it helps though, they obviously don't listen or read anything.
  4. ARCHIVED-Stobbart Guest

we still need revamp!
  5. ARCHIVED-Miapa Guest

Bumping the post will get it locked, quickly. Start a dicussion instead of just saying "revamp". The best way to start a discussion to to bring fourth the problems and possible solutions.
  6. ARCHIVED-Stobbart Guest

Well, I've lost my raid place 'couse i'm pally! Thanks SOE for that! I've been playing pally 6 years, but I think it's over now. RL don't see this class with his raid. It's easy way to raid all content (!!!) with 3 (!!!) bruiser. Balance of tank classes is really a piece of sh*t now. I want to play Paladin, but all that I hear is "give us a bruiser than you may raid with us".
    okay, here you go some of my thoughts:
    Paladin:
    - pally has devine aura - doesn't prevent one shot kill. And it happens very often in DoV encaunters. So this ability is useless with hard mobs. It lasts for 10 sec. Reuse ~3min.
    - Stone Wall. 100% defence from melee within 10 sec. Good spell. Really usefull.
    and... that's all! Yeah, there is manashild but with aoe encaunters you got '0' power within 1s and then you're dead anyway. VERY USEFULL!
    Ok, here you go bruiser's sh*t for defence:
    - dead save 3 ticks, reuse 2.5 min
    - stone deaf absorbs 3 non-mellee attacks, recast 1 min and it lasts for 30 sec (!!!). You can prevent yourself from almost any AoE!
    - Absrobing of 2 melee attacks every one minute.
    - 12 sec 100% parry, recast ~1 min and another parry of 100% melee with recast 3-4 minutes.
    I've forget something else I think, but you can see the difference.
    I really want to play paladin. It's my fav class. But if it woun't be boost I'll finish with EQ2. Please, you must revamp it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Irgun Guest

Stobbart wrote:
    Divine Aura is shared with SK, doesnt count exclusively for paladins.
    Strikethroughs can still kill you while you got Stonewall running, so it is still flawed ~
  8. ARCHIVED-Cyrdemac Guest

The only real working survival tool is our 1-trigger death prevent Divine Favor every 2.5 or 3 min.
    You could add spell reflect (Legionnaires Conviction - Int Line) for some encounters with magic-one-shots. But those are mostly on a far shorter cycle (around 30 sec to 1 min) then the strict 2 min recast of this endline ability.
  9. ARCHIVED-Ekverhan Guest

Stobbart wrote:
    +++