Paladin Guide to Success

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Maergoth, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

It's still on the first page... settle down
  2. Maergoth Well-Known Member

That's because it was being bumped.

If you could kindly be an *** once per day, that would be great.
  3. Palidon New Member

Hello fellow Paladins.

Can some of you experts please tell me what Grandmaster and Focus I should select as a DPS/Solo/Leveling Paladin?

Thank you. :)
  4. Boli Active Member

tip 1: ignore taunts
    tip 2: ignore transfers UNLESS you are grouping.
    tip 3: ignore "crusade" it does nothing for us.
    tip 4: you can pretty much ignore grandmaster heals/wards you want damage abilities.

Which leaves you pretty much with 1 or 2 choices per tier and which of those you pick depends entirely on your playstyle and which sort of mobs you are pulling (e.g. herioc, multiple solo, named, single solo)
  5. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Yeah, as you're leveling, the best bet is to go with the highest level dps ability.. preferably AOEs.

IE.. if your choice is between level 10 clarion, level 11 kick, level 12 ancient wrath, and level 13 group heal.. go with ancient wrath. Not only because it's an AOE, but because it's higher level and will give you a huge power boost that will last longer theoretically than something that will be upgraded soon.
  6. Encori Active Member

On your war runes list, what about greater perpetual flow (reuse proc, dov vendor)?
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Not all red adorns are war runes. Yes, perpetual flow is good.. but seeing as how reuse is one of the first stats you should be capping, hunting down a proc for it is kind of pointless.
  8. Palidon New Member

Hi,

I have some more questions to you long time players. :)

1. The example AA build has only 3 points in trample. Wouldn't more points into it increase the DPS? It triggers only 12%. What about Lance? Is it a bad skill?

2. Yesterday I did the quest "Into the Vallon Foundry". In this quest you had to fight 3 NPCs (3 ups, 2 ups and a one up Heroic). I was only able to kill the lower ones and had to revive to kill the 3up Heroic. Is the Paladin a good class for soloing? I can't imagine an Inq or SK would have fared better against that encounter. What's your opinion?
  9. Boli Active Member

Lance is good... but there are generally more powerful end-lines - after all you can get plenty of AoEs loosing one isn't going to make that much difference.

I only have 5 points in trample myself... but at the same time I run ~80% AoE autoattack from gear/procs in raids.

Paladins can solo very VERY well but it is highly dependant on gear and maxing out your AA/prestigue
  10. eq2newb New Member

What's a good merc with Pally while levling?
  11. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Inquisitor. Especially since they nerfed the mending adornments.
  12. eq2newb New Member

Thank you! Do you happen to know where I can get the Master Inq merc? I haven't bought CoE yet does that come with a free merc?
  13. eq2newb New Member

Are there any most have items? Epic still useful? Hertiage items?
  14. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

The inquisitor mercenary can be hired at the inn in East Freeport. Being a good-aligned class, you'll have to sneak in via Sprawl -> Serpent Sewer -> Down Below -> EFP. Once in EFP, ask a guard where to find "Archon" or "Stamper" (or just go into the inn and find him yourself in the NW corner of the first floor).

As for recommended quests/items, the Epic Repercussions quest is an absolute must for all classes, but especially Paladins, who benefit from one of the more powerful mythical effects--effectively, a 20% damage reduction.

You'll also want to do at least the Manastone heritage quest for mana-draining mobs. There are times when your clarity potions are cooling down and you won't have shards/hearts where the Manastone may still prove useful.

Also, "Manastone 2.0" (the DoF signature reward) is nice if you're so inclined as to go back and run it.

The new CoE signature questline cloak reward is also nice for the 10-minute clicky buff (and if you don't have a better cloak), but not necessarily a "must-have."

These are all that I can think of off-hand. There are other nice "clickie" items available as quest/faction rewards, but I'm personally not into having a hotbar of temporary 1-5 min. buffs from items. To each their own...
  15. Lucus Well-Known Member

There's a faster route there's a sewer access point to thieves way right where there is grates to access west, east and south freeport. you have to be a certain level to be able to shortcut to the inn through the east freeport grate otherwise the guard at the east exit will attack you, from there you should be able to jump over a wall to reach the inn.
  16. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Bump. Just sticky this thing already.
  17. Mrdante New Member

I'm following this guide on my new paladin that i leveling up but when i read this guide, you only mention mostly raids, dungeons, and other things and not something to help us during our leveling phase from 1-95 and stuff. Some useful information who are basically new to this game and don't know much about adornments and stuff.

Also I got to say that your detailed guide is useful and i wish there are more people like you that dedicated on putting down useful guides for people to follow on, WoW styled. Sadly there is hardly no websites out there besides the main forums that can tell us many ways of helping out during leveling, raids, any useful rotations, macros, and other useful things like that. Everytime i look at a guide, i only end up finding questions and hardly anyone dedicated on putting time on making a useful guide for people to follow, like noxxic's guides for example, i like how detailed it is, what stats to concentrate on getting, what is our rotation, most useful cooldowns, and other useful information to help us reach to level 95 and dominate...

You also did not state which weapon of choice is best paladin for dps
    Feara likes this.
  18. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Weapon choice means nothing, especially while leveling. You should generally not use a two hander. Generally.

And leveling up is intentionally left out. You can follow my guide perfectly and still be missing out on a bunch of stuff that can't be taught. Leveling is a great time to actually learn to play. The guide is just there to help.
    Feara likes this.
  19. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This is a pretty decent SK guide, as well - although one or two things different.
  20. Darkon Well-Known Member

Bump, was getting low on the page and paladins need all the help they can get!