Paladin GU Updates

Discussion in 'Class Discussion' started by Caith, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Virtuosity New Member

^

Thank you Ingerimm for the time, effort and thought you have put into this thread ... again.

I genuinely hope that the developers are looking at this. I have said it before and will say it again, some of these changes would be very simple to make and are so obviously needed it amazes me they are still an issue.
  2. Virtuosity New Member

Use Amends IV in raid and you WILL die, the damage intercept is an awful addition and should not be used ... I dislike using the old version of Amends, but like EVERY other raid Pally, have no choice :(.

I am certain Caith will read this thread at some point and we Pally's will be slightly less hampered going forwards than we are now.
    Twofeets likes this.
  3. Jalathan Member

I know I find myself using the new amends, not because I think it is a good idea, but simply because I can't afford not to. I am at best a casual raider and have struggled to get my potency up to where it needs to be and as such I struggle to get my dps up enough to hold aggro against these beast DPSers. While my raid force is able to work with me as I struggle through this, I have to wonder how long that will last though and I wouldn't blame them when it does end...
  4. Jalathan Member

yah! love errors and duplicated posts when they resolve...
  5. Jalathan Member

6. Ucep New Member

A lot good input here from other Paladins hopefully the DEV read these forums
    My opinion for balance Give back all cures for both SK and Pally
    1.Zealous Smite increase cure level
    2.Cure Spell increase cure level off pally tree just like you to do it cured all but trauma
    3.Give back original Holy Ground was a yellow icon with 24 positions of hate
    4.Fix correct level of Divine Will Pet still at 110
    5.Put back the Hate proc on Cavalier Shout all other fighters still kept there hate buff proc but took it away from Pally
    6.And since use of shield seem sorta fubar maybe get rid the the AA for both SK and pally Knight Stance make it a two hander spec with some defense skills like parry dodge riposte and 4x the dmg.
    LIST OF THINGS THAT SEEM BROKEN
    1.Prestige Tree Zealous Defender but 3 points equal 300 stamina bonus you get a whopping 40 mil HP some kind a joke when tanks have billions of HP
    2.Prestige Tree again go figure the ability is Jurisdiction suppose to give 60% dmg reduction AOE last I checked I was part of that group zero for tank either broken or not worded correctly
    3.Prestige Tree again this ability is Zealot's Challenge this one junk for all fighters takes to long to cast for it not to land and the taunt not like a snap at all seen many other tanks complain on forums same issue
    4.Subtle Strikes is broken works so well I can almost never lose hate in the PQ if I have it on that is just one example
    5.Soulclaim seem to work fine about 2 xpacs ago now I do not see any power from it
    6.The stats you get Knight Stance are out of date be good for a level 25 this is the defense stance has real low stamina Defense Skills ect.
    7.Paladin tree Enhance Divine Inspiration put points to increase trigger not increase stays the same
    8.Paladin tree Enhance Blessed Weapon put points to increase trigger not increase stays the same

I was Happy so see that there was going to be some Class Balancing

But when you go to forums and see the notes that the DEV Posted and see increase heals to abilities that have none have me very afraid of what's to come. I am hoping it was a copy and paste mistake
  7. Straos New Member

Doing Sezjin the Betrayer in Vex raid, the forth tier of the named, cannot survive long against the slash damage. Got very little in the way of defensive tool to deal with the slashing damage. Having to be replaced with guardian :(
    Benj likes this.
  8. Twofeets Active Member

Live is tomorrow and not a single response from the Devs here or in Discord. I cant help but be concerned about the state of paladins. A dead paladin cannot heal....
  9. Straos New Member

Indeed, no point giving some more dps when im dead
    Twofeets likes this.
  10. Twofeets Active Member

Patch notes are out, guess I’ll be shelving the pally, or EQ itself. The reality is the number of (active) paladins is so minute the devs don’t care.
  11. Straos New Member

I would like to thank the devs for an increase in dps, but the healing changes are unlikely to help due to the amount our heals were already healing. Maybe more useful next expac when im sure our HP pools will increase again.

• Increased the base healing of Holy Aid by 70%
    Due to the amount of healing provided by the group heal, Prayer of Healing, which is up every 3 secs, Holy Aid is now pointless. Also increasing the heal when it already heals for more than my HP pool is kind of a waste.
    • Increased the base ward of Demonstration of Faith by 26%
    Based on what i saw on Beta, this doesnt do anything. As i pointed out before, with the way wards are working 1.1bn seems to where wards land for me anyway, for last few expacs, and in Beta i didnt notice any benefit from the 26%
    So in summary Paladin survivability has has not changed but we have a bit more dps. We still cant deal effectively with a lot of big hits, especially those outside of our HP pool. As main tank for my guild im not able to deal with mobs like the lvl 4 version of Sezjin the Betrayer with its huge Slash damage. Maybe other classes have the same issue? Even trying to increase mitigation will not be that useful as we cannot reach anywhere near the same levels of mitigation of a guardian or get close to the damage reduction of a guardian.
  12. Straos New Member

Yes i'm now pretty pointless in the raids going into the last few named, if they are going to have these sorts of damage outputs. The class doesn't fit the content. I certainly don't think even adding a load of dps is the way to go, as that encroaches on the SKs.
    Twofeets likes this.
  13. Luck Member

Beta - def: a stage of development in which a product is nearly complete but not yet ready for release.

I was hopeful that since we were in "Beta", and it's usually a period in which feedback is requested/provided and tweaks made before final release, that some of this great feedback would be implemented. I will confess, I did not test the Paladin changes. But, I can't imagine the amount of time some of our brethren here, Ingerimm for example, have invested in testing and providing feedback. And likewise, the disappointment in none of those suggestions being considered. I personally thank you all for taking that time to help this class and help the player base invested in Paladins. I was hoping to see guilds changing their recruiting messages to: "Guild seeks MT & OT, Paladins please apply". I highly doubt we'll see that....

Cheers all....wishing you the best in Norrath or wherever your journey takes you.
  14. Luck Member

Unknown if changes were made from 3/17 to GU:
    Heretic's Destruction will grant Fervor and Fervor Overcap to the raid instead of Potency and Crit Bonus

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base damage of Reparations by 27%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base damage of Reparations by 46%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base instant damage of Holy Strike by 252%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base instant damage of Holy Strike by 305%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base over time damage of Holy Strike by 119%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base over time damage of Holy Strike by 152%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base damage of Ancient Wrath by 312%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base damage of Ancient Wrath by 612%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base damage of Judgment by 169%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base damage of Judgment by 369%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base damage of Divine Vengeance by 199%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base damage of Divine Vengeance by 359%

3/17 BETA Post Increased the base damage of Power Cleave by 486%
    GU 3/30 Change Increased the base damage of Power Cleave by 804%

No changes made:
    Increased the base damage of Refusal of Atonement by 181%
    Increased the base damage of Decree by 234%
    Increased the base healing of Glorious Strike by 47%
    Increased the base healing of Prayer of Healing by 69%
    Increased the base healing of Arch Heal by 27%
    Increased the base healing of Divine Strike by 31%
    Increased the base healing of Demonstration of Faith by 26%
    Increased the base healing of Holy Aid by 70%
  15. Virtuosity New Member

As a wise man once said, "Dead people do no DPS" :(
  16. Luck Member

Question: does it look like Reparations now comes off the hot bar and Refusal of Atonement VIII goes back on? The damage numbers and recast seem to favor Atonement now....

Edit: Just tested on training dummy...would appear that Reparations remains.