Paladin DPS

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Hiburp, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Hiburp Member

I average 1.5b - 2b EncDPS on Event Heroic names with the rare 3b - 4b.
    Is this the norm or am I not doing something right?
    I'm a mitigation tank and wouldn't expected to do high DPS but I've seen guardians doing 10b -14b.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

It's going to depend a lot on your stats and who you're with. If you have a lot of utility classes in your group, that could make it go a lot higher. It's also going to depend a lot on what bosses you're fighting. I have ~100k potency, ~5.3k crit bonus, and 300+ fervor. I'm highly geared and regularly run Mythic 4 raids. The Guardian in our raid has roughly the same gear and stats.

Paladin
    • Expert Events = 2b - 6b
    • Tier 1 raids = 7b - 13b
    • Tier 2 raids = 5b - 8b
    • Mythic 4 raids = 2b - 5b
    Guardian
    • Tier 1 raids = 11b - 21b
    • Tier 2 raids = 7b - 17b
    • Mythic 4 raids = 4b - 8b
    It seems to be a common trend that Guardians can out-parse Paladins. I'm not entirely sure why that is, as I would expect both classes to be balanced for high survival rather than damage.
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

What are your ascension classes? You can't just compare a Paladin and Guardian and say one is doing more dps than the other as the ascension will play huge role in that. For example an Etherealist Guardian will be doing LOT more dps than Geomancer Paladin etc.
    Soara2, Blazen and Obano like this.
  4. Hiburp Member

I raised my spell double cast from 30's to 140 and switched ascension from Geo to Etherealist and am now in the 4B range in Event Heroics.

Seems Expert level Etherealist spells do more damage then Grandmaster and Ancient Geomancers. Wish I would have found that out before using all those research reducers.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Benj Well-Known Member

^^^ this. The numbers I posted are for an Etherealist Guardian and a Geomancer Paladin. Did you cheat? ;)
    Soara2, Drona and Obano like this.
  6. Obano Well-Known Member

Do Paladins really have a DPS problem? Here are a couple parses showing some real numbers rather than speculation.

This is a zonewide mix of T1 and T2 raid encounters. First up is the Paladin showing a 12.75B zonewide.

[IMG]

Linked here is my zonewide in the same raid doing the same encounters. Result is a 5.69B zonewide.

It doesn't matter which zone. The Paladin pretty much beats me every time. We have similar gear just above 2200 resolve and 95k potency and are the same ascension class.

Below is a full breakdown with the names of players removed. Paladin was 3rd on the parse. Note this was a pick up raid of mostly undergeared players and alts. Sure in a high end raid guild 12B isn't very much. Others will parse much higher but the raw numbers should not go down.

[IMG]

Overall I would be thrilled to do Paladin dps.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

Hehe not really but from personal experience. I have seen Etherealist Monk outdps another Geomancer Monk.

A Geomancers personal dps is low but they are so awesome for melee group since they buff the group so much. So really Geomancer is not bad ascension class and it all depends on what you want to do.
    Soara2 likes this.