Paladin Discussions

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by SteelBattleguard, Nov 9, 2012.

1. SteelBattleguard New Member

With the upcoming changes to Consecrate on Beta CoE, does this ability need to have it's base reuse dropped down to 3 minutes versus 5 minutes?
  2. Vonbek New Member

I did beta for like 20 minutes what changes are inc,
  3. SteelBattleguard New Member

The middle tree option on the new prestige has the option to add 1.5% power per tick for consecrate, looking at out other aoes timers we have, consecrate seems to be a little long on recast, especially considering the recast timer will not start till the duration of the spell ends. Was just wondering if now would be a good time to reduce the recast timer to castigate and other ones we have.
  4. Boli Active Member

Consecrate can be mediocre, overpowered and everything in between.

Base 5min recast works for what it is; sure on power drain fights you want it up every 60-90s but its not really going to happen as it can on many Add / AoE fights be one of our top abilities; Consecrate every 90s is going to be nuts.

If the prestige ALSO added an "alternative" choice single target but at a lower reuse it would be PERFECT.

e.g.
    5min recast on AoE (including power ticks)
    AND
    3min recast on DoT / mana tick (similar to Mana Sieve - although twice the recast)

It would also solve the issue of sometimes not being able to use many of our AoE abilities when MTing. (which is almost half our damage abilities); Currently even if we have the power trigger on consecrate we may still be unable to use it.
  5. OverDoze Member

i have a young lvl 40 paladin and never used the spell yet im looking forward to it i like the idea of buffing the spell but i havent used the spell at hand so cant judge for myself but im excited to some day wield the ae