Paladin Amends ability change?

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Keffin, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Keffin Member

Hello all my virtual Norrathians friends,

I am returning to the game after about a 5-year hiatus. I have always played a paladin as my main. I had plenty of raiding and PVP experience. That being said, it has been 5 years and much of the game has changed. I am relearning the game to be sure.

I have been going through all my spells and abilities and reading them to refresh, and I noticed Amends seems different. It used to be a straight % of hate transfer from the target to the paladin. I don't remember there being a built-in chance to intercept damage on the target of the amends, nor being restrictions on fighter and priest. My main concern is the 22% chance of a successful intercept taking 35% of the damage and the target still taking 95%. That seems like it gives the mob a 22% chance of a 30% damage boost when attacking the target of amends.

Let me know if I am interpreting this correctly?
    Thanks in advance.

Keffin
  2. Benj Well-Known Member

Yes, an intercept was added to Amends during Blood of Luclin, and the new VoV upgrade still has the intercept. This is widely considered a negative change, as the paladin now takes more damage from nearly all sources. Even more confusing is that the target of Amends really doesn't take that much less damage. I choose to use the new versions anyway, and I haven't noticed a significant increase in incoming damage, nor have my healers noticed any significant change in how they heal me.
    Keffin likes this.
  3. Priority Well-Known Member

You, the paladin, take that damage. Just use the old version. You dont want the extra damage
    Keffin likes this.
  4. Keffin Member

Thanks for replying gents. I definitely have a lot to relearn.