Paladin Ability Questions

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Kaldon, May 24, 2020.

1. Kaldon New Member

Hi Guys

I'm enjoying from an RP perspective the Paladin class, holy warrior smiting his foes and healing his friends. I was hoping you could give me your advice on when you use some of the abilities as I'm slightly unsure if I'm using them effectively.

1. Crusader Faith - 2min cooldown. Do you use this when pulling large groups of mobs, or in fact as an emergency heal in tough situations, or simply use it every 2 mins when in a group to take pressure of a healer?.
    2. Heretics Destruction - 3min cooldown. Do you keep this for bosses only?
    3. Soulclaim - I'd picked this to help boost power return to group members. I'm unsure how effective this really is - your thoughts?
    4. Faith - The duration of this ability several seconds is so small - how on earth do you time it to get the benefit?
    5. Legionnaires conviction - 2min cooldown. Reflecting magic damage back seems great - how do you know when to use this? do you only use it when fighter caster bosses?

Appreciate your help.
    K
  2. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I am only using Faith from this list. Faith is handy against barrage in Heroic instances even it is very short in my experience.
  3. Julianxzz Member

Crusader Faith and Heretics Destruction : Use it while you want to use it.

Soulclaim : Good raid buff for group mana regain and CB boost as any mob death. This effect is stack able.

Faith could be usable in emergency situations, and it is a good group damage reduction with the AA Faith's Aura

Legionnaires conviction : Good magic damage reduction spell

In my opinion...

All above what u said are right....

In fact.. all abilities could be usable in many situations, not just in some cases...

It is importance to understand every ability even AAs .. (Casting speed, recovery speed, reuse time...etc)

Keep running heroics and joining raid to get more and more experience and thinking about the situations which fit in these abilities.

Keep trying to use the abilities in many situations as experiment and you will find your own tanking style on your own...