Paladin AA/spell not working in pvp

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Denzei, Feb 5, 2013.

1. Denzei New Member

Hello,

I hope that the Devs might take notice of this post and make some implementations in the upcoming PvP patch. It would be much appreciated if these AAs would finally be worth the points spent. The AA/spells have been like this for a long time.

1) Idolic Axe: Currently doesn't do anything in PvP (PvP effect missing). You are forced to spend points into this AA if you wish to have the end line ability, in the STR line.

2) Cavalier's Shout: Currently doesn't do anything in PvP (PvP effect missing). I would love to spend my points into this AA if it actually did something similar to the PvE effect, right now though, it doesn't do anything at all... :(

Oh and I also want to note that the 1 trigger of Combat Leadership, doing approx 1-3k damage and having a recast of ~30 seconds with a 0.5 second cast time really isn't worth much at the moment, with people running around with 60-100k hp :/

//
    Denzei
    Nagafen
  2. Xeos Well-Known Member

1 - Hate gain does nothing for PVP
    2 - I haven't checked but it used to be a passive taunt, chances are they nerfed it when they got rid of a lot of the taunt locks tanks had.
    3 - Combat leadership is garbage and should be fixed for both PVE and PVP. 10 triggers should work.
  3. Daalilama Well-Known Member

No disagreement from me on those.
  4. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

paladins don't need a passive force target if thats what you are suggesting. That would just make it that much easier ( and its pretty easy at the moment) to keep people force targeted. Since the recast on taunts is so low with re-use at the moment, i just dont think this will do anything but make people complain about paladins being OP in that aspect. And pallies are in a nice spot atm.

As far as combat leadership I agree. If anything it would be better as a stat buff instead of a single useless trigger.

dont know why all abilities need to be pvp intensive. I agree that idolic axe can have some sort of better application since hategain isnt that useful for a paladin, but for pvp I disagree.
  5. Denzei New Member

Cavalier's shout: I'm not saying that it have to be a trigger chance taunt, but rather that it should at least have some kind of use for people who PvP.

Combat Leadership: A stat buff isn't really a good solution if one considers the diminishing returns. I think that increasing the number of triggers to 5 or 10, as people mentioned earlier, would be a good solution. Or perhaps one extra trigger per point spent?

I just think that people who play Everquest 2 for the PvP should be able to use all of the abilities available to the class, just like those who play it for the PvE. Even more so when some of those abilities are pretty much forced upon you (Idolic Axe and Combat Leadership) if you want the other AAs further down the lines.

Idolic Axe: Why shouldn't this AA have a better application in PvP, or rather, any application at all? Does hate gain even do anything in PvP anymore?
    I wouldn't mind if the hate gain was 50% on Idolic Axe in PvE, or if it was changed into something entirely different, for as long as it's still an AA worth using for people who play for the PvE, as well as for those who play it for the PvP. But even so saying that you don't want it to have a use in PvP makes no sense...

**Edits** Spelling and grammar... I think... English is not my native language -_-
  6. Savej Active Member

Quick addendum while we're on the subject of Paladin-Heretic's Destruction is labeled in pvp as giving taunt immunity, yet this seems to get overridden or some such as I cannot targetlock after casting.
  7. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

heretics taunt immunity always works for me. /shrug
  8. Denzei New Member

I don't know about Heretic's Destruction as I haven't really done any proper tests with it... Savej, is it possible that the one you tried to "targetlock" used a deagro spell (evade or something) to clear your target?
  9. Xeos Well-Known Member

Wouldn't matter, if he hit him with whatever before evade was cast the spell/ca would hit.
  10. Denzei New Member

I'm not sure we're on the same page here. I assume that by "targetlock" Savej is talking about, e.g. the encounter taunt which will force his target to target him for 3 seconds, and yes, if Savej cast Heretic's Destruction, target an opponent and uses that taunt, then he (the target) would have to target Savej for 3 seconds. But... If the target uses a detaunt while being locked on to savej then Savej should lose the target (even though the target himself, still has to target Savej).

The only thing that happends when you cast Heretic's Destruction is that you can't be taunted off by another tank (or scouts using taunts to increase the agro). If I'm not mistaken... :)
  11. MindNumb New Member

A fix could be Hate Gain in PvP effects the resistability of taunts, enhancing what aggression does.
  12. Denzei New Member

But resist doesn't even work in pvp atm :p
  13. Luanne Active Member

Resist does work, it's just a factor of toughness rather than your spell mitigation values
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

... I can tell you right now that spell mitigation DOES work in tandem with toughness. Outright spell resists do not work in PVP, which are what effect the "ching" sound you hear when a mob resists in PVE. Outright resists used to work in PVP.

The only time you will hear that noise (resist) is when the tank has apprentice taunts and very low aggression skill (a powerleveled toon). I know this from experience. OR the opposing player of said tank is immune to taunt effects.
  15. Luanne Active Member

I've had plenty of outright resists in pvp when i cast spells at someone, it's not often but it does happen. I assumed it has to do with people who have an absurd amount of toughness which equals out to more than my lethality. If you have 2k lethality and target has 2k toughness then there does not seem to be any resists at all. I will test this sometime.